PDA

View Full Version : Just got new 8700G, "CALL FAILED"?

dialekt
06-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Just got a blackberry 8700G. Bought locally through classifieds. Everything was sealed perfectly. But when I insert my sim and try to make test calls it keeps saying "call failed". Seems like it's something I should have tested beforing handing over the cash, but I didn't want to break the seal for something and then not buy it. Anything else I need to do before trying to make calls? Do I need to call T-Mobile and switch my sidekick plan to the BIS first? ( I doubt it. ) is there some kind of security thing with the sim? (I dont have a sim pin).. is there a sim lock or something built in on the device initially?

Somewhat fixed the problem by manually searching for a network..then it says "data connection refused". I'm sure it probably says this because of the fact that I haven't called T-mobile to add the BIS service yet. I'm just somewhat wondering why I had to manually chose scan for the network in order to make calls. Never really had that problem with any other phone including when I had an 8700c.

jdjleo
06-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Calling Customer Care would be a good start. Determine if its their service, SIM or the handset. Then you can begin finding solutions.

MikesTechSvcs
06-04-2006, 01:35 PM
I guarantee it is gonna be two things.
One:: You will need to have the Service Books sent to your BlackBerry.
Two:: You will need to setup your blackberry internet account.
Three:: They probably need to set you up properly in their network, being T-Mobile. I don't know what kind of setting they use.. aren't they GPRS or something?

Good luck to you.

- MTS

dreadful
06-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Tmobile is edge capable depending on the area especially with the 8700g...

MikesTechSvcs
06-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Ahh, so if it is Edge, then the Service Books should be all he needs.
Then to register the HRT and he should be able to power on/off and be up and running.

I bet that's what it is. That's a similar problem I had with my 8700c when I got it.

- MTS

stealthx32
06-04-2006, 03:09 PM
HRT, service books, why? He's making a call. Nothing to do w/ the data portion.

CBR900RR
06-04-2006, 03:32 PM
You might want to try key in "#686# and send".

MikesTechSvcs
06-05-2006, 11:33 AM
HRT, service books, why? He's making a call. Nothing to do w/ the data portion.

Somewhat fixed the problem by manually searching for a network..then it says "data connection refused"

Because he said that. :)

- MTS

Magic Ron
08-01-2006, 05:01 AM
i can send messages (sms) and recieve calls but i can't dial out? I bought my bb off of ebay so of course with my luck it was already registered to someone else is there any body that can help me with any of these issues?

NJBlackBerry
08-01-2006, 07:09 AM
I replied in your other thread. You have an IT Policy on your BB and need to have it removed.