PDA

View Full Version : HELP: "no applications designed for your device were found"

jmitias
06-04-2006, 05:41 PM
I have done multiple searches and read the FAQ. I cannot load new third party applications through the desktop device manager. I have removed the vendor.xml file and reinstalled the Device and Desktop Software. Funny enough, now I have lost my email and browser which I will take car of tomorrow by calling my carrier(yes, I have followed the instructions on the FAQ). Now, I can't do desktop or an OTA install!

Thanks for any help

d_fisher
06-04-2006, 05:46 PM
What software are you trying to install? What exactly are you trying to do when installing it?

jdjleo
06-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I have done multiple searches and read the FAQ. I cannot load new third party applications through the desktop device manager. I have removed the vendor.xml file and reinstalled the Device and Desktop Software. Funny enough, now I have lost my email and browser which I will take car of tomorrow by calling my carrier(yes, I have followed the instructions on the FAQ). Now, I can't do desktop or an OTA install!

Thanks for any help

Wow thats BRUTAL! Good luck with all that man! Might be a hardware issue! How long have u hadn the device?

cooperpwc
06-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Your question really is a bit confusing. Removing the vendor.xml file is usually associated with installing an OS upgrade from a different carrier than the one to which you subscribe. Is that the third party software that you are referring to?

KonTiki
06-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Double check that the downloaded OS is indeed for your device, if it isnt it wont install no matter what you try.

jmitias
06-04-2006, 08:30 PM
I downloaded the software from cingular for the 8700c. As far as the software I was trying to install it was Quicknote and a Mortgage Calculator from MicroHill. I had installed eoffice which, interestingly, reinstalled after the second attempt. Oh well, maybe, once I get my internet/email back I will try on OTA install.

cooperpwc
06-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Oh I get it: you changed the OS and now you can't install other apps. OTA should be fine once your browser service is back. But what is the issue with Desktop Manager? Does it fail to recognise your device?

koleary19067
06-04-2006, 09:26 PM
I downloaded the software from cingular for the 8700c. As far as the software I was trying to install it was Quicknote and a Mortgage Calculator from MicroHill. I had installed eoffice which, interestingly, reinstalled after the second attempt. Oh well, maybe, once I get my internet/email back I will try on OTA install.

eOffice seems to cause this type of problem. Uninstall eOffice, load the new apps that you want. Once the new apps are on the BB, reload eOffice.

I had the same issue and this always fixed it. Weird, I know.