PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Blackberry 7130e won't synchronize

pkerner
06-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I don't have Blue tooth setup.

I don't have Outlook setup for email on my computer (I use yahoo)

I installed the VZAccess Manager Software and the Blackberry Desktop Software.

I don't want to synchronize email.

All I want to do is be able to transfer my Bookmarks frim IE to the Blackberry, as well as transfer MS Word files and or PDF files to the Blackberry.

Can you view MS Word files to the Blackberry, and can you view PDF files on the Blackberry?

Right now the PC recognizes the Blackberry via the USB, but I can't transfer files I guess until this issue is resolved.

I click on the red/green/arrows/Synchronize icon in the initial Blackberry Desktop Manager screen (next to "Backup and Restore" and "Redirector Settings")

The "Synchronize" button is grayed out, so it doesn't work (on the Blackberry Desktop Manager).

Please help.

NJBlackBerry
06-04-2006, 06:38 PM
"Synchronize" is used only to sync up Personal Information Manager data (contacts, notes, calendar and tasks) to and from your BlackBerry. You can not transfer files that way.

You can view attachments in e-mails. There are third party applications that allow you to move files to the BlackBerry; search for "e-file".

Create an e-mail and put your bookmarks in them. There is no way to transfer the bookmarks themselves.

Just wondering - why did you get a BlackBerry?

whsbuss
06-04-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't have Blue tooth setup.

I don't have Outlook setup for email on my computer (I use yahoo)

I installed the VZAccess Manager Software and the Blackberry Desktop Software.

I don't want to synchronize email.

All I want to do is be able to transfer my Bookmarks frim IE to the Blackberry, as well as transfer MS Word files and or PDF files to the Blackberry.

Can you view MS Word files to the Blackberry, and can you view PDF files on the Blackberry?

Right now the PC recognizes the Blackberry via the USB, but I can't transfer files I guess until this issue is resolved.

I click on the red/green/arrows/Synchronize icon in the initial Blackberry Desktop Manager screen (next to "Backup and Restore" and "Redirector Settings")

The "Synchronize" button is grayed out, so it doesn't work (on the Blackberry Desktop Manager).

Please help.

You cannot upload files from your PC to the BB. You can sync your PC-based calendar, tasks, notes. Blackberry's are not like a Treo.

Seawolf
06-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Just wondering - why did you get a BlackBerry?
... I can see the flames already and he hasn't even posted them yet.

NJBlackBerry
06-04-2006, 06:55 PM
No, just a question....

FlyingElvis
06-05-2006, 10:26 AM
No, just a question....
And a good one...

For his application, the BB is not the best solution.