PDA

View Full Version : 8700G..Signal Problems, Returning this Device to TMobile

Tennvol
06-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Went to a retail store and purchased an 8700G. Got home and life was good, had EDGE, had my browser. Turned it off and charged the battery. When I went to turn it back on I have no signal, no browser icon, and no TZones. I called TMobile and spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support. They have no idea what's wrong. I can see Cingular networks but can't connect to TMobile...all it says is searching for signal.

Back to the store it goes. It seems like a good device but it doesn't work for me.

jdjleo
06-04-2006, 08:13 PM
I can see Cingular networks but can't connect to TMobile...all it says is searching for signal.

Nope nothing wrong with the device, its working properly! Thats just T-Mobile service right there! LoL sorry couldnt help it!

If T-Mo didnt have agreements with Cingular they would be Ma&Pa Wireless ahhaha

Winston S.
06-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Nope nothing wrong with the device, its working properly! Thats just T-Mobile service right there! LoL sorry couldnt help it!

If T-Mo didnt have agreements with Cingular they would be Ma&Pa Wireless ahhaha
The service is fine for me here in New York.

NJBlackBerry
06-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Yep. We have hundreds of T-Mobile's around.
The fact that you work for Cingular should be duly noted.

backbeat
06-04-2006, 09:09 PM
ouch! that's gonna leave a mark.

djdanska
06-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Went to a retail store and purchased an 8700G. Got home and life was good, had EDGE, had my browser. Turned it off and charged the battery. When I went to turn it back on I have no signal, no browser icon, and no TZones. I called TMobile and spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support. They have no idea what's wrong. I can see Cingular networks but can't connect to TMobile...all it says is searching for signal.

Back to the store it goes. It seems like a good device but it doesn't work for me.What kind of signal are you supposed to get? What does compass show for your area?
http://compass.t-mobile.com

bigdaadio
06-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Have you done all the hard resets/messing with manual searchs going from auto to manual and back a couple times?
My 8700 gets squirrely when cing towers are around. Very flakey but you may hit the right combo...
As far as the "mom and pop" cell company, you may want to take a little look WORLDWIDE---...
at's wrong. I can see Cingular networks but can't connect to TMobile...all it says is searching for signal.

Back to the store it goes. It seems like a good device but it doesn't work for me.

digital/blasphemy
06-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Yep. We have hundreds of T-Mobile's around.
The fact that you work for Cingular should be duly noted.

owned, or "pwn3d"

dan1431
06-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Have you done all the hard resets/messing with manual searchs going from auto to manual and back a couple times?

My 8700 gets squirrely when cing towers are around. Very flakey but you may hit the right combo...

As far as the "mom and pop" cell company, you may want to take a little look WORLDWIDE---...

at's wrong. I can see Cingular networks but can't connect to TMobile...all it says is searching for signal.

I have the same issue from time to time.

My blackberry will pick up a very strong CNG signal if the T-Mobile signal is weak(but useable) in comparison.

Usually, I have to walk around a little bit and eventually it will re-register with T-Mobile.

This usually happens at one airport that if fly from and one hotel that I stay at.

I suspect that it may have something to do with 850/1900 and how the device handeles the two frequencies.

Dan