PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranties, etc for 7250?

tapioca
06-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Is it worth it opting for VZW's Extended Warranty ($1.99/month), Wireless Phone Protection ($4.99/month) or Total Equipment Coverage ($5.99/month) if I purchase a 7250? I generally think these things are a waste of money but the 7250 ain't cheap am I'm unsure about how rugged/reliable the unit will be.

Please advise (plan descriptions below)

Extended Warranty
This service provides convenient coverage against any mechanical or electrical malfunctions and manufacturer defects. If your wireless phone is defective or becomes inoperable, just visit any Verizon Wireless Communications Store and the phone will be exchanged quickly and easily for an identical or comparable model. The low price for the extended warranty is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill each month.

Wireless Phone Protection
Insurance coverage for your wireless phone and certain accessories. This coverage is provided by third-party licensed insurance agencies (Asurion or lock\line). If your phone is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged, report your claim within 60 days and the phone will be replaced. As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

# $4.99 per month per phone
# $50 Non-refundable deductible per approved claim
# 2-Claim limit in any 12-month period (beginning with the date of the first loss)
# $1500 claim limit (inclusive of a $200 accessory limit)

Total Equipment Coverage
Complete protection for your wireless equipment at a low price. It combines the benefits of Wireless Phone Protection (offered by third-party insurance providers) with the discounted Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program.
If your phone or accessories are inoperable for any reason—lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning—you can be covered. Wireless Phone Protection and the Extended Warranty are both available individually or as part of the Total Equipment Coverage package. For the low cost of $5.99 per month, Verizon Wireless Total Equipment Coverage will help you stay connected.

Raven
06-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Verizon wont tell you this unless you ask.
But you can buy their refurb phones, pda's & :bb: call them and ask I know cell are about $30 -$50, never asked about bb or pda's...
And they come with a 1 year warentee.....

greggebhardt
06-05-2006, 05:26 AM
I really think in a couple of years you will be getting rid of your Blackberry friend as technology marches on and something new will come out soon. Electronic of any kind are a very poor investment.