PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Questions

tveditor
06-05-2006, 01:31 AM
Hi

I am new to the Blackberry having used Palm for years and years..I just bought a 7100t which I had to unlock to use on Suncom. It works great but this 4.1 upgrade is confusing me..I tried searching but no luck.

First If I upgrade the software will it relock my phone to t-mobile

Since it was a t-mobile phone before I unlocked it what ver of software do I use and where do I get it..

and Finally is there anykind of application loader for MAC OS X..I am using pocket mac to sync and it works great but I have to borrow a friends computer to load applications..

Thanks so far I love the Blackberry but I hate no knowing how to do these simple things but Blackberry's site is next to useless for finding answers....Thanks

KonTiki
06-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi

I am new to the Blackberry having used Palm for years and years..I just bought a 7100t which I had to unlock to use on Suncom. It works great but this 4.1 upgrade is confusing me..I tried searching but no luck.

First If I upgrade the software will it relock my phone to t-mobile
Once unlocked a phone will remain unlocked no matter what or how many upgrades of software you do or which providers software you use.

Since it was a t-mobile phone before I unlocked it what ver of software do I use and where do I get it..

The latest version is 4.1 and there are several sources look at the top of the page for a button labeled BlackBerry FAQs and follow the thread to software upgrade, there you can pick and choose.

and Finally is there anykind of application loader for MAC OS X..I am using pocket mac to sync and it works great but I have to borrow a friends computer to load applications..

There is a separate thread for the Mac Users, and I do not keep up with Macs, but a lot of people are reporting great results with bootcamp and then using the Windows side to run the desktop manager in.

Thanks so far I love the Blackberry but I hate no knowing how to do these simple things but Blackberry's site is next to useless for finding answers....Thanks

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

tveditor
06-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks

sam-in-mtl
07-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks KronTiki
Very good answer