PDA

View Full Version : browser not working in a simulator

shrikantks
06-05-2006, 03:51 AM
Hi,

I am using blackberry 8700g simulator for by application. When i click on 'Browser' icon -> Blackberry book marks -> home page, i get the message "The radio on the device is currently turned off or the battery is too low for the radio to be used. As a result, the browser cannot retrieve any web pages".

But i check the baterry properties, it is full.

So can any one help in getting the web browser with the address bar??

Shrikant

d_fisher
06-05-2006, 06:14 AM
Go into the folder where the simulator is installer. Find all the file names containing 8700g. Delete all the 8700g named files EXCEPT for 8700g.xml and 8700g.bat. This will make the simulator start up like it had never been run before. Also, you could try a security wipe from within the simulator.

svangati
06-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi,

I am using blackberry 8700g simulator for by application. When i click on 'Browser' icon -> Blackberry book marks -> home page, i get the message "The radio on the device is currently turned off or the battery is too low for the radio to be used. As a result, the browser cannot retrieve any web pages".

But i check the baterry properties, it is full.

So can any one help in getting the web browser with the address bar??

Shrikant

Hi,

Could you let me know where you got the 8700g Simulator from? Was it part of the JDE or a standalone one? I downloaded and installed JDE version 4.1.0 and the 8700g Simulator is not part of it.

Thanks for the info.
Sudheer.

d_fisher
06-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi,

Could you let me know where you got the 8700g Simulator from? Was it part of the JDE or a standalone one? I downloaded and installed JDE version 4.1.0 and the 8700g Simulator is not part of it.

Thanks for the info.
Sudheer.http://www.blackberry.com/developers/downloads/simulators/index.shtml