PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Cannot make or Receive calls on 8700C

jeproks
06-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Cingular was having some network issues in the Baltimore/Washington DC area last friday about users not able to make/receive calls on their BB and I was told it would take 24 hrs for them to resolve. Called them again in the evening and they said that the problem has been fixed and my BB should be working now. After troubleshooting with them and being transferred to 7 different people, I was told that the BB is defective and should return it to the vendor. It was just so weird that my BB will crap out after they have some problems on their end.

I was poking around and under security settings, IT Policy Name: DisablePhone was listed. I called them again and they don't have a clue why my BB say that. Data and internet connectivity works fine. I tried my SIM on an unlock phone and I can make/receive calls just fine.

Anyways, I emailed Amazon last sunday and within 1hr, I got a response that they are sending a new unit out the next day.

NJBlackBerry
06-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Wow. Amazon sold you a used BB. Or at least one with a restrctive IT Policy on it. Did you buy a "new" one or a refurbished/used one from them?

jeproks
06-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Wow. Amazon sold you a used BB. Or at least one with a restrctive IT Policy on it. Did you buy a "new" one or a refurbished/used one from them?

It was brand new. I forgot what the IT Policy used to say but it was definitely not DisablePhone. Thanks for the response.