PDA

View Full Version : Turn off e-mail

jrgibb
06-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Hi,

Due to domestic pressures :smile: I need to turn off the e-mail on my Blackberry at weekends / late evening. There is a Phone only profile but it stil delivers e-mail. Can e-mail delivery be turned on / off from the phone ????

Thanks,

J

gdpmumin
06-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Hi,

Due to domestic pressures :smile: I need to turn off the e-mail on my Blackberry at weekends / late evening. There is a Phone only profile but it stil delivers e-mail. Can e-mail delivery be turned on / off from the phone ????

Thanks,

J

LOL. Welcome to the club. No, there isn't a way to stop email from being delivered, but you can set up a profile that doesn't sound or vibrate when a message comes in. The e-mail will still be there, but you won't hear or feel the notification.

CraigB
06-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Turn off the sound and vibration.... Sounds kinda lonely :-)

snowskier79
06-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Just create a new profile and customize the notification as you want, ie in holster, out of holster etc and possibly name it to "Weekend Notification" or something to that effect.

LOL. Welcome to the club. No, there isn't a way to stop email from being delivered, but you can set up a profile that doesn't sound or vibrate when a message comes in. The e-mail will still be there, but you won't hear or feel the notification.

jrgibb
06-05-2006, 08:26 AM
By creating a new profile can you actually stop it receiving mail ?

Thanks,

J

snowskier79
06-05-2006, 08:32 AM
By creating a new profile you are telling your device how you want to be notified. The device will still receive the email but depending on how you setup this profile you will tell the device how you want to be notified.

For example when I am driving I have a "Phone Only" profile so that I will not be distracted while I am driving. If my BB vibrates I know that it is a phone call rather than an email.

By creating a new profile can you actually stop it receiving mail ?

Thanks,

J

jrgibb
06-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Thanks all !

Fkewl
06-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Why the heck is everyone saying you can't stop email.. yes u can !

To stop receiving emails is easy with filters :

BIS : go into your accounts, filters button and turn on "When no filters apply: Do not forward messages to handheld" (and deactivate any filters)

BES : go into Messages icon, Options, Filters, turn on "When no filters apply:
Do not forward messages to handheld " (and deactivate any filters)

And voila.. no email

Myself, i prefer to decide who gets forwarded on my black, then trying to stop emails i don't want..

BBAdmin
07-05-2006, 11:13 AM
OK, I'm really confused (which doesn't often happen on a BlackBerry)!!! If I change my filtering option to 'No' I still get emails. But I thought this is what the "Send email to handheld" option under Email Settings was for...yet that doesn't work either! So what the hell is the "Send Email to handheld" option for (on a 4.0.4 BES with a 4.1 device I might add)?????