PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Movement

Ecbbu2
06-05-2006, 09:27 AM
I have searched the forums and can't seem to locate this problem. Over the past few days my 8700c has been experiencing sync problems. The 8700 was fine on its own. After syncs with my work desktop and home desktop Outlook programs, a number of my appointments have moved or changes times. Some reminders have been moved two days and times for meetings have changed by an hour or two. This is frustrating as I rely on this to keep me straight. I have tried a few fixes but nothing seems to work. Any thoughts?

cooperpwc
06-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Are you using an old version of Windows? I have Windows ME and it is thoroughly frustrating for reasons similar to yours. I now do an Export synch which means that appointments are updated from my handheld to Outlook but not in the other direction. That keeps everything clean.
At work, where we have Windows XP, I do a full synch (but filtering out Private appointments.)

Ecbbu2
06-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Actually I run Windows XP at work and home. I would do the export sync but it is much easier to type on the desktop than on the BB. I like to put my appointments in my work calendar and then sync them but somewhere along the way things got messed up. I was looking a few months down the road at recurring appointments and found that dates for anniversaries and birthdays moved two whole days. It is frustrating.

cooperpwc
06-05-2006, 09:51 AM
That is a major pain. Anyone else had this experience?