PDA

View Full Version : Reading an email on BB deletes from Outlook

jglass38
06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Has anyone seen this problem before? I am using BES 4.0 and Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. I have lost a bunch of emails today and over the weekend just by reading them on the Blackberry (7290). They still remain on the BB but are no longer in my Outlook inbox or even in the deleted items. Completely gone. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Jamie

ladydi
06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Do a search on your outlook mailbox for one of the missing messages. I suspect that you have a filter on in Outlook. So, they probably aren't gone, just hidden.

storm
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I am using BES 4.0 and Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. I have lost a bunch of emails today and over the weekend just by reading them on the Blackberry (7290). They still remain on the BB but are no longer in my Outlook inbox or even in the deleted items.

Make sure you don't have your Outlook view set to show unread messages only. Within Outlook, go to View->Arrange By->Current View->Messages. You can ensure your "Messages" view is set to show all messages by selecting "Customize Current View" from the same menu. Ensure Filter is set to OFF (or click "Reset Current View" button to return the Messages view to the default).

jglass38
06-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Have done this. They are not being hidden but rather deleted. It appears to happen at random and may or may not have anything to do with the BES. I ran the mdbvu32 utility to make sure there were no hidden rules running against the mailbox. It is still occurring.

markdn
01-12-2007, 04:43 AM
We have a number of users that are experiencing the same issue. They have 7290's and 8700's.

Emails appear on the device but don't appear in outlook after reading - we are not even sure they reach outlook as they are gone by the time the user checks.

Any advice on this?

Kindest Regards
Mark D. Nicholls
Informations Services
Kingston University, London, UK

btemple8
02-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Don't know if this relates precisely to your issue, but are you sure users are not being extra tidy and deleting their emails from Deleted Items before a sync occurs? This can cause odd messages one place and not another when all else seems to be working just fine.