PDA

View Full Version : Downloading AIM

orgullodemexico
06-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Is there a way to download AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) as a stand alone product to my 8700g?

I only wish AIM. I know there was a program that featured 4 different forms of IM.

I already have Google Talk and Yahoo IM - all I wish is AIM.

How do I do it? Can someone send a link?

Thanks!!

Seattle18
06-05-2006, 01:36 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2973

MrKyoo
06-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Ramble (It's free) - http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/

-MrKyoo

SWIZZ
06-12-2006, 03:02 AM
I've done a ton of reading and searching on this but am still not clear on it.

If I DL Ramble on my 8700g Tmo service, It will NOT count as SMS when I use it right??? Just data?? I would use AIM with it if that matters.

Very sorry if I misread or didnt find it It's 4am and I'm getting foggy=)
Thanks for the help guys!

Jayshiznit
06-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Doesn't AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and ICQ come pre-installed already-ready to use on the 8700G ??, I dont know because i still havent received my device..

nycts
06-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Just a quick question- Is there an opinion poll or ratings page/ opinion poll on this site?

For example "which 3rd party Chat application is best out of (list options)?" ??

awad
06-12-2006, 08:14 AM
I've done a ton of reading and searching on this but am still not clear on it.

If I DL Ramble on my 8700g Tmo service, It will NOT count as SMS when I use it right??? Just data?? I would use AIM with it if that matters.

Very sorry if I misread or didnt find it It's 4am and I'm getting foggy=)
Thanks for the help guys!

correct, it wont use SMS.

PolishPanda
06-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Doesn't AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and ICQ come pre-installed already-ready to use on the 8700G ??, I dont know because i still havent received my device..
Yes, there is a single app for all of those. The problem is that it uses SMS which means that it is not covered by your Blackberry Connect plan and you have to pay additional fees.

awad
06-12-2006, 08:15 AM

yes, but the client uses SMS, so you'll need to get an unlimited SMS plan if you dont want to have any overages.

PolishPanda
06-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Just a quick question- Is there an opinion poll or ratings page/ opinion poll on this site?

For example "which 3rd party Chat application is best out of (list options)?" ??
Just do a search (navigation bar above). If you're looking for "best AIM app" then just search "best AIM app" or some variation.