PDA

View Full Version : I really need help - email problems!

mylan
06-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Will try to make this as simple as possible. I have an host or ISP who receives my mail. I have it forwarded to gmail and then to my blackberry HOWEVER, some of my mail never makes it to my Outlook 2003 on my computer. Some kind soul told me what to do with my BB when I first received it so that all that spam would not come through and it is working except for this problem. The mail that I do not receive on Outlook is going to my host and then to gmail and then to my bb. It is usually from a company and either has an attachment or uses Acrobat Reader or some similar thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I cannot go through the tons of mail that I get on gmail to find these missing items!
Thanks!

Stinsonddog
06-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Not sure of the issue, but are your forwarding or filtering your gmail? See my tips page on gmail/yahoo for some info. Could it be that gmail has limits on one or attachments.

Nextel User
06-05-2006, 06:16 PM
also, where does your outlook pick up your mail from? isp, google?

mylan
06-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Where does Outlook pick up my email from? I THINK my ISP. I am soooo confused: I have a Host and I have adelphia.net as my ISP It is the hosts mail that concerns me. I forward all the mail from the host to gmail and forward gmail to my blackberry. Now I wonder, where am I getting my Outlook mail from? From my BB????
Maybe we can do this in baby steps..

Berry One
06-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Baby steps: keep it simple. Stop forwarding to GMail. Configure blackberry to receive (poll) emails from your ISP. Configure Outlook to leave messages on server (set to keep them for 3-4 days).