PDA

View Full Version : voicemail notification

tgdanic
06-05-2006, 08:33 PM
My 7100I from Nextel will not register voicemail notification as voicemails are left. I might have 6 voicemails, but the unit will not show that there are any voicemails. Netxel is unable to fix. Is anyone else having this problem? Doe anyone know how to fix?

Thanks

gdpmumin
06-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Did Nextel recently upgrade their voicemail system? I know it's a longshot, but when VZW upgraded their voicemail system, the same thing happened to me. It took them a day or two find and fix the problem, but they did.

Ask Nextel to test your account and make sure the system is sending you notification. If it's going out and you're just not getting it, that's one thing and they probably won't be able to help. But, if it isn't sending notification from the system, that's something they should fix. The VZW system wasn't even sending me notification when they tested it with me on the line.

tgdanic
06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I appreciate the response. Nextel has admitted it is a glitch in the software, but cannot fix it.

gdpmumin
06-05-2006, 08:54 PM
I would have to say that's not acceptible. I had great service when I was with Nextel, certainly nothing like this. No offer of reconciliation? Just a, "Sorry, it's our fault but we can't fo anything about"?