PDA

View Full Version : BES/large attachment problems...

Osh
06-06-2006, 05:28 AM
Hi Guys,

Wondered if any of you can help or advice with a BES problem one of my clients is having.

We installed a new BES solution for a client last week with 8700 handsets connected to the Vodafone network here in the UK; everything’s fine except one bloody annoying thing that we are struggling to fix. My client sends out a daily Excel spreadsheet to their field based sales staff and the size of the file is over 1mb in size – they can download and open every single file we send them except this one file.

This has been escalated up the chain of command at Vodafone but, because (generally) everything’s working fine and it’s just this one problem that we’re struggling with, they are not coming back very quickly. The support ticket has been open for about 10-days now!!!!

Has anyone come across problems like this before and can anyone suggest a way around this issue or to kill the issue dead…?? In the longer term we plan to put all the information in the Excel sheet through a web browser interface but, for now, this is a critical daily piece of information for my clients….

Help!!!!

PaulPoker
06-06-2006, 05:46 AM
what format is it in Excel? whats the file extension?

do you get to see the attachment when it arrives via email?

bbsee
06-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Can the users manage if the file is split and sent in as different files?

Osh
06-09-2006, 11:47 AM
what format is it in Excel? whats the file extension?

do you get to see the attachment when it arrives via email?

Hi Paul - yes its an Excel file and the file extension is .xls; you can see the attachment in the list but, if you then expand the list and request a full download it just hangs and goes nowhere. The curious thing is that its only with this one file....

Cheers Mike