PDA

View Full Version : 7520 lost my "compose" feature

nathanep
06-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi All,
I apologize if this has been asked before; I couldn’t find anything with the search feature.

Just this morning I upgraded my handheld software, to V4.1xxx I believe, and after restoring all of my settings and preferences because the backup process failed, I discovered the changes to the software. I was pleased to find that I can now send mms/text messages from the phone, but the “compose” icon that was once there is now gone. I can still send messages by manually finding a contact in the address book, but the shortcut of hitting “c” to compose a new email and then selecting a contact was one of my most used features. Any ideas on how I can get this back? Many thanks!

EricaJ1074
06-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Did you hide it? Hold your trackwheel and click the ALT button and choose "Show All" from the dropdown menu that appears. If it's there, repeat the process and choose "Hide Icon." This will remove the white X thru the icon and you will see it permanently. Then you can scroll to a different icon and hide the icons you don't use.

MrKyoo
06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
You can reload QuickCompose from here. http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=316

-MrKyoo

NJBlackBerry
06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Erica - you know this...

In v4.1, the Compose option was removed. It's gone.

Nathanep - search of "Quick Compose" and you can load a utility written by one of the mods to add back Compose. It works great...