PDA

View Full Version : 7290 - Nasty Spinning Hour Glass

bomangani
06-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I have spent the last 2 hours watching my BB display a spinning hour glass. During that time I have searched the posts with regard to that issue. My issue is, I can't get the unit to stop the spinning to get anything done to the BB. Battery out, battery in...Just keeps spinning. Will not let me do anything such as wipe the unit.

What should I do as it seems I am in a holding pattern. By the way, right before this happened, the BB began to get really slow and sluggish and would not connect to the network.

Help please

Brettman

EricaJ1074
06-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I've seen posts about this issue from at least 2 other BB users and the only solution is to replace the unit. Don't know what the problem is but that's what they've had to do.

bomangani
06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Nice...Just what I needed! Hopefully some other solutions out there!

Brettman

SWIZZ
06-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Battery out it does the same thing? I'm new to the BB getting mine this week, but have you tried to leave the battery out for a long time? Mabey a half hour or so? Not sure if BB's have a feature where the unit saves a task or somthing with the battery out for a little while??? Longshot but you never know.

mabey a sim card issue???

I'm kinda shooting in the dark here =)

KonTiki
06-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Before you replace the unit, which is the ultimate step, use Javaloader, wipe the unit, and reload the operating syste. I hope you have a backup to restore from since the wipe will erase everything invcluding the corrupt operating system. But the other side of the story is if you are going to have it replaced you will loose everything anyway do nohing to loose and a win win situation in my eyes.

bomangani
06-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Kon Tiki

I cannot get the phone to stop spinning the glass, therefore I cannot use the java loader...or am I mistaken.

Brettman

KonTiki
06-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I would try it, you have absolutely nothing to loose right now.

bomangani
06-06-2006, 03:49 PM
The javaloader is trying to connect while the hour glass is still spinning. Should I be trying something else, am I running the javaloader correctly?

Thanks

VR6
06-06-2006, 06:37 PM
just leave it for a few days with battery out (not plugged in) then battery in and leave it for a few days...if it's still spinning then looks like you're hooped...

bomangani
06-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Update!

Life is much better today...the unit finally stopped spinning and I was able to wipe the BB and reinstall. Felt like David Blane trying to hold my breath for 9 minutes!

Thanks to all for the help and recommendations!

Brettman:smile:

MrKyoo
06-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Out of curiosity, how long did you let it sit?

-MrKyo

james0076ss
06-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Update!

Life is much better today...the unit finally stopped spinning and I was able to wipe the BB and reinstall. Felt like David Blane trying to hold my breath for 9 minutes!

Thanks to all for the help and recommendations!

Brettman:smile:

SO how where you able to fix this? One of the users I support just approached this same exact problem to me but on a 7105t device