PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset Problem

hdenco
06-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I have a Motorola H500 paired with my 8700 and no voice or ring sounds come out of the headset. The sound is only through the BB. I brought my first H500 back to Cingular and the new one is doing the same. It leads me to believe the issue is with the BB configuration. It worked fine at one time then stopped. It is definately paired and the function button on the headset works (hangs up, redials), just no sound. Please help.

wingdo
06-08-2006, 11:11 AM
A couple quick thoughts.

Do you have access to another BT headset you can try?

Is the phone volume up all the way?

I'd also try removing the device from the BT menu and then re-pairing.

jcjwireless
06-08-2006, 01:37 PM
I have a Motorola H500 paired with my 8700 and no voice or ring sounds come out of the headset. The sound is only through the BB. I brought my first H500 back to Cingular and the new one is doing the same. It leads me to believe the issue is with the BB configuration. It worked fine at one time then stopped. It is definately paired and the function button on the headset works (hangs up, redials), just no sound. Please help.

I have the same headset with my Cingular 8700, Ive never had a prob. with sound, as already suggested go to your BB bluethooth settings and make sure you have deleted out any headset you will no longer use.

hdenco
06-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks for both your suggestions wingdo and jcjwireless. I tried all volume settings, re-paired it and to no avail.

It did get it to work though after I downloaded some of the bb apps (corrector, reply, etc.) which cuased it to reboot. Maybe the reboot was all it needed. Thanks again.