PDA

View Full Version : After BES 4.1 upgrade, wireless Calendar sysc fails

davinci
06-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Wireless calendar sync does not work for any of our clients Blackberries after 4.1 upgrade. I do not see the sync options anywhere in the Enterprise Manager for the canendar- what am i missing??- only the state (which does indicate the handhelds have wireless sync is on for the canendar). With the new dektop manager, changeing the sync option for the canendar from outlook to BB Wireless sync, generates teh message"your messeging server does not support wireless sync".

RIM - BBTECH
06-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Wireless calendar fails how?
Exchange to Handheld, Handheld to Exchange, or both?
How about some enviroment variables?
MAPI & CDO versions? (BES & Exchange)
Service account? services will be starting with the account?

davinci
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the questions- Absolutly nothing happens- no syn any way. No errors in the BES server logs or Exchange- no messages on the Handheld- mail and contacts syn. Exchange 2003 - sp2, - nothing has changed other then the new workstation client was installed. The servie accounts are running with the BES account login that has not chnged- I have restarted all services and reboot the server (and exchange server) several times. SBS 2003 with SP1 is the only onther piece of info I can provide at this point. I will get the MAPI & CDO versions tomarrow- thanks for your followup.

davinci
06-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok- the MAPI verion is 5.5.2174.0
and the CDO version is 6.5.7226.0

Does that help?

ashworth
06-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Check the version of MAPI on the Exchange server if it is 6.5.7226.0 then you will need to uninstall Exchange Administrator from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and then I would do a search for any files left over. eg: mapi32.dll, cdo.dll and esmmdb32.dll. If you find any of the files I would rename/delete them.

Then reboot the server and install Exchange System Manager Tools 2003. I would then apply SP1 for Exchange 2003 on the BES also. Reboot and test.

Cheers,
Ash

nickganga
06-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Davinci, did Ash's suggestions work? I am having a very similar problem, but my CDO is 6.5.6980.3 MAPI 6.5.6944.0

davinci
06-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Davinci, did Ash's suggestions work? I am having a very similar problem, but my CDO is 6.5.6980.3 MAPI 6.5.6944.0

sO, What worked is this: What I did first was rename the cdo.dll file on the BES to something else and I found the cdo.dll file on the Exchange Server in the Exchsrv\bin directory and I copied it over to my Windows\System32 folder on my BES. Then I registered the cdo file on my BES by running the regsvr32 cdo.dll command. It successfully registered the dll file. Then I reopened up the Blackberry Manager, tested the calendar and it worked. Another thing to check would be the permissions given to your BES service account.

One of my employees found it on the forms (some how I missed it). Good luck.