PDA

View Full Version : 7100v in Hong Kong - BES in London.. problem

choll15
06-08-2006, 05:57 AM
Hello All
Just wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom on this...
We have one BES connecting to Exchange and a number of handsets in the UK no problem. Set up some guys in NY to link to same BES - again - no problem. We have now been asked to provide a Blackberry for a user in HK - Now..... it sees the BES - it must do - calendar appointments update same as outlook, no porblem - just mail items don't filter through?!!

Any ideas? Other than buy another BES and put in HK!!!

Thanks

Chris:oops:

JerryD
06-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Hello All
Just wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom on this...
We have one BES connecting to Exchange and a number of handsets in the UK no problem. Set up some guys in NY to link to same BES - again - no problem. We have now been asked to provide a Blackberry for a user in HK - Now..... it sees the BES - it must do - calendar appointments update same as outlook, no porblem - just mail items don't filter through?!!

Any ideas? Other than buy another BES and put in HK!!!

Thanks

Chris:oops:
Are they getting a GPRS connection? If not, that may cause problems. Don't ask me why, it should do fine with GSM, but I've seen it happen (or it's a LOT of coincidence!).

BB's that have more than GSM capabilities seem to have problems if they don't use GPRS for SMS. In (Settings) Options --> SMS, try setting "Network to Send Over" to GPRS Preferred. Like I said above, it should still work with GSM, but this seems to try to force the issue and work better. You can try setting it to GPRS only, but that may not work well either.

The other thing you could try if they have a good signal or better yet Desktop Manager set up and a good connection to your Exchange/BES servers is to delete the Desktop [CMIME] service book and then do a sync or Enterprise Activation which would reload the service book.

Post anything you find out.

J

choll15
06-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Will check with my HK user and find out about GPRS.
Many thanks for replying. I'll keep you informed

Chris

choll15
06-29-2006, 05:15 AM
user is getting GPRS, now another company wants to come in to check settings between the BES and my exchange 2003 server. Great - they only want about £800 a day for the privilege! ($1200)

anyone ???

JerryD
06-29-2006, 06:41 AM
user is getting GPRS, now another company wants to come in to check settings between the BES and my exchange 2003 server. Great - they only want about £800 a day for the privilege! ($1200)

anyone ???
They may be getting GPRS, but on their device, go to Settings --> Options --> SMS, and make sure it's set to GPRS Preferred.

If it's not, as I said earlier, I've seen devices not handle email properly.