PDA

View Full Version : Deleting emails on BB

Andre87
06-14-2006, 05:52 AM
Suddenly my BB 7730 does no longer delete emails I have deleted on my Lotus Notes PC. Where can I check this setting? Many thanks.
Notes 6.5
We use BES
Black berry desktop software 4.0

Ps: Is there a setting somewhere that emails get deleted automatically on the BB after lets say 10 days? Thanks.

JerryD
06-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Suddenly my BB 7730 does no longer delete emails I have deleted on my Lotus Notes PC. Where can I check this setting? Many thanks.
Notes 6.5
We use BES
Black berry desktop software 4.0

Ps: Is there a setting somewhere that emails get deleted automatically on the BB after lets say 10 days? Thanks.
When in Messages on the Blackberry, click the wheel and select Options. Scroll down to Email Reconciliation. If it's there, make sure Message Services is set to Desktop. The rest of the options should be:

Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
Wireless Reconcile: On
On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

To delete emails automatically, again in Messages --> Options, General Options, scroll down to Keep Messages, click the Alt/:alt: key to display a list of selections, and select the one you want. The shortest period is 15 Days, the longest is Forever in which case emails will be retained until the device runs out of space at which point it will start deleting the oldest emails.

J