PDA

View Full Version : BIS 2.0 Attach Size Limits?

mmcpher
06-14-2006, 06:06 PM
I've just upgraded my Cingular Web Client to BIS 2.0. As luck would have it, within a half hour or so, I recieved an e-mail with 2 attachments -- a 68 KB doc and an 8 MB pdf. Too big for the Berry, apparently. But not too big for my Exchange Server at work, as it sailed through, but never appeared on my handheld, and there was no notice of an attempted over-sized e-mail. When I tried to test this by forwarding the same e-mail from my Exchange inbox to my handheld, again no dice, but at least I got a bounce-back to my Exchange inbox alerting me to the problem. It is those big e-mails that you sometimes are on the lookout for, and I'm concerned that it will be bounced without my knowing it.

rcbjr
06-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I've just upgraded my Cingular Web Client to BIS 2.0. As luck would have it, within a half hour or so, I recieved an e-mail with 2 attachments -- a 68 KB doc and an 8 MB pdf. Too big for the Berry, apparently. But not too big for my Exchange Server at work, as it sailed through, but never appeared on my handheld, and there was no notice of an attempted over-sized e-mail. When I tried to test this by forwarding the same e-mail from my Exchange inbox to my handheld, again no dice, but at least I got a bounce-back to my Exchange inbox alerting me to the problem. It is those big e-mails that you sometimes are on the lookout for, and I'm concerned that it will be bounced without my knowing it.

As I understand BIS 2.0, although the email size on the BB email is effectively eliminated, they now have a limit of 5MB on all attachments
going to the BB.

Hope this helps
Rcbjr

mmcpher
06-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks Rcbjr. That sounds right, and I can understand the reasons for the limitation, but it would be nice if my BB would bounce me a notice when it happens. If I get a notice, I have a shot of correcting the problem by having the sender split it up or else I can try and retrieve it elsewhere.