PDA

View Full Version : GMAIL [sent to BlackBerry]

GOLIATH
02-23-2005, 10:28 PM
I enabled my pop settings on my gmail acount and followed all instructions.. my web client still says "can not intergrate...."

Am I missing a step here?

rcg
02-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Gmail requires authentication did you get that setup in WebClient

blake.blake
02-23-2005, 10:58 PM
just use the fowarding option on gmail and it will still come thru your outlook also...

RZOCONNOR
02-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Here you go dude....

http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14748&topic=-1

RZOCONNOR
02-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Here you go dude....

http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14748&topic=-1

(Log into GMAIL and then post this web address in your brower--after you have logged into gmail)

GOLIATH
02-23-2005, 11:30 PM
would it be easier to fwd emails from the gmail to hotmail and fwd hotmail pop3 to the bb? and just use the reply from function?

"Gmail requires authentication did you get that setup in WebClient"

Im not sure I was able to find that portion in the webclient.

dkmadrid
02-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Thank you for the information. I did not know there was a setting to allow POP on GMail.

Mark Rejhon
02-24-2005, 01:44 AM
You should use the GMAIL forwarding feature instead of the GMAIL POP feature.

That will speed up your GMAIL's by as much as 15 minutes.

For more information, see:
Methods Of Email On BlackBerry (http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4879)

MadMedik
02-24-2005, 12:58 PM
I second Mark's comment.

As a BB user on a BWC (no BES) with email accounts with multiple providers. You can configure all of these to allow POP access (assuming they allow it) and your BB will "poll" them every 15 minutes. If you have high volume, the polling time will automatically shorten. There is a minimum of about 3 minutes or so for very high email volume users. However, why would you want to do this? You may as well just go with a smartphone and a regular GPRS account. You can control your polling then. One of the major attractions with a BB is the push data functionality; anything that arrives at your BB email addy will automatically show up on your handheld - no need to poll... It's like paying for a convertible, then fixing the top in place so it can't be opened...

MM

neutral
02-24-2005, 01:54 PM
If you setup GMAIL on your bb, will it still work like the "pushed blackberry" account? Or will it just check every so often?

GOLIATH
02-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Ok, here is what I did, and it seems to be working fine....

I fwd all gmail emails to my hotmail, then I set up my pop through hotmail. This way I get all my gmail and hotmail emails in one.

So far so good.

Mark Rejhon
02-25-2005, 12:14 AM
GOLAITH,

Why not forward your GMAIL's directly to your blackberry.net address? That will make your emails arrive about 15 minutes faster. (i.e. GMAIL's will show up on your BlackBerry in just mere seconds after somebody sends the email to you)

- Use BWC POP to download hotmails
- Use GMAIL forwarding dirctly to BlackBerry (not to hotmail)

Or do you prefer your GMAIL emails to be delayed by up to 15 minutes?

GOLIATH
02-25-2005, 09:55 AM
i would do that, but I im in the music industry and I get a lot of MP3's sent to my gmail addy. If I fwd to my nextel.blackberry.net acount, wouldnt that fill up my 10mb of space?

sempai
02-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Isn't it going to fill up anyway, since you'll be popping them over to the BWC?

:)

GOLIATH
02-25-2005, 01:57 PM
makes sence I guess. Thanks again everyone.

Mark Rejhon
02-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Are the attachments from Hotmail also hogging your BWC space? If so, then then that's right -- it wouldn't make a difference.

However, if BWC is smart enough to download only the message without attachments, then there may still be advantage...

Do a test by sending an attachment to hotmail, and seeing if that hogs space in your BWC.

MattBerry
02-25-2005, 04:37 PM
i noticed that after i forwarded my gmail to my tmo account, and changed my sent from address to my gmail account. When i sent e-mails to hotmail and yahoo accounts my e-mail showed up as spam. Changing the sent from address is what did that. I'm thinking of switching back. I can wait a few minutes I guess for pop to come through but i can't send out spam.

WNO
02-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Another way of addressing the attachment issue is by using the Gmail filters feature to forward only certain mail to your BB. You can set up a filter to exclude e-mails with attachments, etc.

sempai
02-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Really sad that Hotmail and Yahoo! can't compete with gmail in a reasonable way, so they have to just start flagging all gmail users as spam.

Scumbags.

midwest@fan.com
02-27-2005, 10:04 AM
I have a few Gmail accounts I can give up through referrals. Send me a message with your email address and name and I will send the ones I have. Maybe you can get it to work with your BB, I can't get it to work with the BB or my Outlook. The only thing I ask is if you get it to work, let me know how you got it working!

bernieg
02-27-2005, 05:18 PM
i tryed to do that and I got a fail to deliver message?

bernieg
02-27-2005, 05:20 PM
I can't even get outlook to work right, can any help? I been trying just about half the day. what am I doing wrong?

WNO
03-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Midwest, are you trying to do it through POP or through auto-forwarding? Your cell provider may be preventing synchronization of Gmail POP mail.

Bernie, hard to diagnose the problem with the info you've given. Did you enable POP through Gmail? The Gmail help section provides pretty good details on how to set up Outlook access; just go to the help section and type in Outlook as the keyword.

blackbelt
03-01-2005, 04:05 AM
see link below on detailed how to get Gmail on your blackberry avoiding spam and gmail fowarding to stop because of large attachments

WNO
03-01-2005, 09:52 PM
That's a great tip, blackbelt, thanks! Much more elegant than what I'd been doing.