PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Dead BB.

elavrov
06-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Hello,

I've tried to wipe my blackberry thru it's own menu (options->security...) and it took 2 hours for it saying "erasing...", I decided to reboot with "ctrl-alt-del", it doesn't boot anymore, just blinking and rotating this damn thing on the screen. :-(

I've tried to wipe it with javaloader, it takes hours with the same on the screen of the BB and saying "connecting to the device" on the PC. The same with application loader - it sees the PIN, but after I'm trying to connect it says "connecting to the device (jvm)" and it sits like that for life.

What should I do? Is it a very slow process and I should put it overnight or my BB is completley dead?

Thank you,
Egor.

dlbrock
06-16-2006, 08:42 AM
It's not normally a slow process but I have had my BB do the same thing when loading several new themes. It starts to boot and I got the hour glass for a couple of hours. I finally just connect power and went to bed. In the morning it was fine. Give it the night and see what happens.

measse
06-16-2006, 05:02 PM
I had the same problem. Just try to start dt manager, press ctrl-alt-del on your device and after a second try to start app loader. Normaly you will be asked for pw. Now type ten times a wrong password. Wait some time and remove the battery for at least a minute. Now put in the battery turn it on press ctrl-alt-del again and start the app loader again. Now the firmware install should start. In my case it helped

Marc