PDA

View Full Version : 7100G with constant speakerphone buzz/hiss/noise

zbose
02-24-2005, 02:03 AM
I have had a 7100G for close to a week now and I love everything about it, except this persistant buzz that comes from the speakerphone. I can't normally hear it unless I hold the phone to my head... like when I am making a phone call. But as soon as I have it near my ears I can hear it and it is very annoying. It sounds just like the interference a cell phone will cause on stereo equipment occasionally. Interestingly, the buzz occurs when the phone is not being used (just data).

I have read of other 7100t users coming across similar issues. They say that pulling the battery out and rebooting the phone seems to make it go away. I have tried that and it doesn't work with my phone. I think it may just be defective, but I thought I would ask if others had experienced the same thing.

Thanks,
zbose

anhloc
02-24-2005, 04:27 AM
I had this issue with my 7100r on OS 3.8. A battery removal then re-insert would fix it.

With 4.0, I haven't had this issue yet (using Rogers 4.0 Beta from RIM site.)

ldblf2
02-24-2005, 09:58 AM
My 7280 had a similar problem with the earbud. I would hear a distinct hiss, but only when the backlight was on. Not a showstopper, but annoying.

My 7290 doesn't have this problem.

Does the 7100 buzz stop when your backlight is off?

zbose
02-24-2005, 05:21 PM
My 7280 had a similar problem with the earbud. I would hear a distinct hiss, but only when the backlight was on. Not a showstopper, but annoying.

My 7290 doesn't have this problem.

Does the 7100 buzz stop when your backlight is off?

Yes it does. I spoke with BB support and they are sending me a replacement unit. I tested some of my coworkers 7100s and they do make a noice through the speakerphone, but it is NOT transmitted to the ear piece during a call.