PDA

View Full Version : SMS to groups/multiple addresses

enzee
06-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi,

I have just entered the BB world and I love it!

My newbie first question is if I can send a text message to multiple recipients. I would love to set up groups (which I have from Entourage or I can filter), type one message, and zip it out to everyone at the same time. Is this possible, and if so, how can I do this?

Thanks so much in advance and for being patient at my newbie question.

nz

trinybwoy
06-17-2006, 11:55 PM
for some weird reason you cannot send out group sms, like u can send out group emails.
to send out sms to a group of people, you will need to enter-in their names "manually", and there is a maximum of 10 recipients

enzee
06-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Can I enter/select up to 10 names one at a time and then send it to all the recipients at once, though?

I don't mind the little bit of work around althogh it would be nice to send to the whole group.

Thanks.

trinybwoy
06-18-2006, 12:06 AM
yes you can

hbomb341
06-20-2006, 07:21 AM
You could send an E-Mail to the providers E-Mail to SMS gateway or use teleflip (http://www.teleflip.com/teleflip/index.jsp)

T-Mobile: phonenumber@<hidden>
Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@<hidden>
Cingular: phonenumber@<hidden>
Sprint: phonenumber@<hidden>
Verizon: phonenumber@<hidden>
Nextel: phonenumber@<hidden>

TBC
09-06-2006, 11:16 PM
I am really disappointed that the 8700 cannot send group SMS's. (n) With the popularity that SMS has gained here in the US it's shocking to me that they do not have a feature like this. (n). I would expect this from regular phones and all other PDA's but not my beloved BB. It's not like asking for an entertainment application, this would greatly benefit me being an assistant sales manager because not all of my agents have PDA's.