PDA

View Full Version : 7130c: Palm Migration, Key Tones, Cingular BIS Issues...

adamlau
06-18-2006, 02:16 AM
Coming from the rock-solid NEXTEL i605. Owner of a Palm TE|2 and a T|X. First BB and it happens to be the 7130c. I'll post my pros/cons thoughts as I come to become comfortable with it. That said:

1. Data Migration (BlackBerry Desktop (BD) 4.1.1) leaves me with an unselectable dialog box. See attached image. I have both PD 4.1 installed (properly) *and* a Palm OS device attached and recognized by Windows. Have tried to migrate with the Palm device attached and detached. No go either way. How to resolve?

2. Settings > Screen/Keyboard > Key Tone: Off. Setting saved. Key presses in Phone mode are still audible. How to resolve?

3. Cannot register on the Cingular BIS site. A forum search revealed the Cingular-hosted RIM site to be an issue dating back several months. Receive "The system encountered an error" dialog box. I wish to register in order to resend books in an effort to display the browser icons (else I'll go w/ Opera Mini). Is there an alternative way to register?

4. I backed up default DBs using BD. Running Application Loader (AL) reveals nothing. I was under assumption that AL would show the default apps to allow for their deinstallation. Is this correct? or does AL only show third-party, non-default installed apps?

Berry One
06-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Cannot register on the Cingular BIS site. A forum search revealed the Cingular-hosted RIM site to be an issue dating back several months. Receive "The system encountered an error" dialog box. I wish to register in order to resend books in an effort to display the browser icons (else I'll go w/ Opera Mini). Is there an alternative way to register?

You should be able to create account on BIS site.

You may have problems logging to Cingular BIS site if you have cookies disabled in your browser.
Try Internet Explorer, with cookies and JavaScript enabled. It should work.