PDA

View Full Version : BB Modem & VPN

ldouglas
06-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey all,

Looking for some specific VPN help.

I have an 8700r from Rogers.
I am using my BB as a USP modem when "on the road".
I can connect to the internet very well using the BB as a modem.
I CAN connect to my work's VPN on the laptop throught the Nortel VPN client using any internet connection including the BB as a modem.
I CAN NOT use the VPN normally when using the BB as a modem, even when seemingly connected correctly.
Normally means:

Able to use MS Outlook connected to MS Enterprise Server.
Able to view and access mapped network drives.

Not working normally means:

Outlook unable to find Enterprise Server.
Mapped drives not found.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Stinsonddog
06-20-2006, 10:02 PM
I am not sure about Outlook, but my VPN won't map drives unless I go into the VPN and assign those drives to be mapped. Might check your settings.

code7700
06-20-2006, 10:12 PM
For what it is worth, you're not crazy. I have the exact same problem with my 8700g. Are you using Microsoft's VPN client or another? We use Check Point Software VPN-1 SecureClient, I can't test it with Microsoft's VPN as our network doesn't support that client.

Foosy
06-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Same here....
Laptop configured with Software VPN (TheGreenBow) connects correctly to work when connected either through ethernet or modem or Verizon samsung phone as tethered modem, however, when connected with BlackBerry as modem, even though VPN says it opened tunnel OK, can not access work.
TheGreenBow claims that TMO must be blocking port 4500 and/or filtering certain packets. TMO says that the data-plan I have needs to be upgraded to the 'internet2' plan to get that functionality.
Can anyone confirm, or at least explain what is internet2 plan?

SilverSurfer95
06-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Yup, same here. I just posted a message to Mark Rehjon (Blackberry Sensei) for some advice. Anybody out there have it working? Please let us know.