PDA

View Full Version : Deep 6 Blackberry 7100t

stac
06-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Folks -

A friend here at work recently had a small accident with her blackberry - she forgot the BB scuba gear and dunked the sucker. As is usually the case, she has important info on it she wants to retrieve...

The BB's screen is not working, but when the BB is plugged into a PC via USB, the PC chimes like it sees the device. BB Desktop Manager doesn't allow a backup or a sync, however, leading me to believe that the info stores are not responding to the USB signals.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction to finding a service that can help her recover her data?

Thanks,
Stacey

twharms
06-21-2006, 08:32 AM
read this thread...maybe you can bring the berry back to life

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=35607&highlight=water

stac
06-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the pointer... we're looking for the dessicant bags as I speak. Funny how you don't know WTF to do with those things when you get them... but when you need them, they are nowhere to be found.

-S

twharms
06-21-2006, 09:17 AM
another thing to concider is since you didn't immediately remove the battery you may have irreperably damaged your BB. If you can not get it up and running again, and you say your PC is "seeing" your blackberry when you connect it via USB, you might be able to use desktop manager to do a backup after you dry it out.