PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question

WinterpegMan
06-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Hi all...Pardon my lack of know-how. Just got a BB 8700 through Rogers. Have unlimited data package. Have NO idea how to load jad files or programs. Don't have a BES server. Please help, or point me spcifically to a thread that can help me.

Thanks much!

snowskier79
06-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Take a look in your manual. You will need to use the supplied CD to load desktop manager and then connect your BB through the supplied USB cable. Next use the application loader to load the apps or whatever jad software.

fliedlice
06-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Wirelessly posted (VZW 7250/Sprint 4.1: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You can also download some apps "OTA" (Over The Air) but you will need to find those links and go to them on your blackberry

WinterpegMan
06-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Thanks. I should have been a little more clear/specific. I have Desktop Manager installed. It seems that whenever I go to a site for an OTA installation, it fails though. I seem to get browser errors. Also, the desktop application installer always gives me an error when it reads jad files. Should it be able to read these, or am I just presuming the wrong thing?

Thanks again.

rcbjr
06-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks. I should have been a little more clear/specific. I have Desktop Manager installed. It seems that whenever I go to a site for an OTA installation, it fails though. I seem to get browser errors. Also, the desktop application installer always gives me an error when it reads jad files. Should it be able to read these, or am I just presuming the wrong thing?

Thanks again.

Make sure you're using the Internet Browser to download BB compatible Jad/Jar files for OTA installs. And I believe the Desktop Manager can only install Cod files with an associated Alx File, but I may be wrong here.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr