PDA

View Full Version : Holster Broke

Sk8Surfr
06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Well not broken... BUT it doesnt grasp the phone like it once did. Im assuming its the holster?

I turn it upside down... a weak shake and the BB falls right out.

Do i have to buy a new one? Or will RIM or Cingular replace it?

finch
06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
I doubt RIM will replace it based on wear and tear? If it's the RIM OEM holster your after you can probably grab one on eBay cheap. You can also check smartphonedepot.com

gadgetfanatic
06-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Well not broken... BUT it doesnt grasp the phone like it once did. Im assuming its the holster?

I turn it upside down... a weak shake and the BB falls right out.

Do i have to buy a new one? Or will RIM or Cingular replace it?

I have a solution, don't turn it upside down and shake it.:smile:

kjaslow
06-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Yup. Mine broke. I bet if you look down the sides near the bottom, you'll see that there are two plastic tabs (one one each side) that are supposed to lock the bb in place. On mine, one of those went missing.

I decided to buy the Seidio holster as a replacement, since the stock holster sent my bb flying on many occasions. It was a huge improvement, and well worth the price of the holster!

rcbjr
06-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Same thing here after about 7 Mo. of constant use. Mine still kept it in pretty much, but I immediately went to order a new one, but ShopBlackBerry was out til the end of the month. Bought a OEM Leather swivel case. Got it yesterday and it seem OK so far.

Rcbjr.

Pizzle
06-23-2006, 09:14 PM
This is THE holster to buy. You won't be sorry.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=289

There's a reason why most dub the OEM holster "the Launcher"...only a matter of time before it launches your 8700.

P.S. The above is for the 8700c...if you have the 8700g, there's a different version. You didn't specify, so...

Good luck.

Seattle18
06-23-2006, 10:49 PM
^^^ what he said ^^^

Definitely get the Seidio holster - in my opinion it should be the OEM holster provided by RIM - it's that much better.

streetpro
06-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Just for info there are two distinctly different holster retentions that come stock for the 8700c.I have the one you describe, although the Seidio is looking better every day, the other is solid where the "fingers" are, using friction to lock your bb in place.

streetpro
06-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Just for info there are two distinctly different holster retentions that come stock for the 8700c.I have the one you describe, although the Seidio is looking better every day, the other is solid where the "fingers" are, using friction to lock your bb in place.

jww
06-24-2006, 08:42 AM
I find that the nylon OEM belt case that came with my 7130e to be average quality. More importantly, however, the case isn't that tight a fit and if I hold the case upside down with the unit in it, it slips right out on it's own. I am ordering a Gizmoskins case next week.

jww

phillyslickster
06-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Wirelessly posted (7105t: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The fortte cases are really nice too. www.fortte.com

Also check out the vaja cases which are located at www.vajacases.com

Tuff as nuts cases are very nice as well. Forum user lgreenberg has reviewed the cases as well as posted pictures if you search the forum under 8700 cases, you should find it. I've also posted pictures as well of the fortte open face case for the 8700 series blackberry. I'm currently using a leather pouch with a swivel clip for my 8700g that purchased at T-Mobile. It has the magnet inside the case as well as the other cases I mentioned above.