PDA

View Full Version : 7520 nextel vs motorola Q verizon

white8785
06-24-2006, 12:48 AM
just saw this phone on tv and was wondering if anyone has it, knows anything about it, etc. i love my 7520, but hate the internet being slow as hell. i'm paying 100 bucks for 1000 min, and unlimited data, plus verizon has push to talk also don't they?

any help would be appreciated.

kb9liq
06-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Verizon does have push to talk but it only works with other Verizon push to talk phones. And the Q is not a push to talk phone.

greggebhardt
06-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Who are you going to use PTT with, has to be another Verizon users with Ptt. You will not be talking to your Nextel buddies on any Vewrizon PTT.

If doing the internet is more important than handling your email then you are using the wrong device. If email is very important you will have trouble finding better than the Blackberry.

I know as I have ported from Nextel (7520) to the Cingular 8700 and even to Sprint for the newest 7130e and BOTH times come crawling back on my stomach to Nextel. Your and my 7520 may not be the latest and greatest but it gets my 65-70 emails handled, serves as a phone and does PTT on teh Nextel network.

Think very carefully before being tempted by this "pretty face" called Q. Don't make the same mistake I did (3 times)!

yahtzee
06-24-2006, 12:31 PM
just saw this phone on tv and was wondering if anyone has it, knows anything about it, etc. i love my 7520, but hate the internet being slow as hell. i'm paying 100 bucks for 1000 min, and unlimited data, plus verizon has push to talk also don't they?

any help would be appreciated.

Verizon has push to wait.

trinybwoy
06-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Verizon has push to wait.

what do u mean push to wait?

greggebhardt
06-24-2006, 03:20 PM
I t means you push the button and wait. It is not near or even close as fast as PTT as what Nextel has. Mnay of the other carriers idea of push to wait is when you push the button it calls the other user and turns on your speakerphone!

It is slow!

trinybwoy
06-24-2006, 04:24 PM
oh whoa, thats insane! lol
i NEVER new that.lol
well i have a Boost mobile sim card in my BB 7520, and the reception is EXTREMELY sporadic. one moment i have FULL service, the next second, without moving, i have NONE..very werid.
but one thing i really like about the 7520 is that it keeps service very well!
all my other freinds will have NO service right next to me, albeit i have two bars.

Tritan
06-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Who are you going to use PTT with, has to be another Verizon users with Ptt. You will not be talking to your Nextel buddies on any Vewrizon PTT.

If doing the internet is more important than handling your email then you are using the wrong device. If email is very important you will have trouble finding better than the Blackberry.

I know as I have ported from Nextel (7520) to the Cingular 8700 and even to Sprint for the newest 7130e and BOTH times come crawling back on my stomach to Nextel. Your and my 7520 may not be the latest and greatest but it gets my 65-70 emails handled, serves as a phone and does PTT on teh Nextel network.

Think very carefully before being tempted by this "pretty face" called Q. Don't make the same mistake I did (3 times)!

I haven't been following you to much greggebhardt but you didn't care for the lastest and greatest 7130e, I thought I read you some where braging up the evdo on this device?

strobate
06-25-2006, 06:33 AM
LOL Tritan. I was about to ask the same thing. What happened?