PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Activation

BlueFlames
06-25-2006, 11:19 PM
I try understand about Enterprise Activation. humm :::::::::scratch my head:::: I don't get it... what Enterprise Activation do?? Can you explain about it?

rmalm
06-25-2006, 11:22 PM
I have the same message, and I tried to activate it and it just takes a long time and does not do anything.

NJBlackBerry
06-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Enterprise Activation is used if you have an account on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) and are given a special password by the BES Admin in order to activate the BlackBerry wirelessly.

If you do not have BES, there is no reason for you to try and use this icon. You can hid it by pressing the ALT key and clicking the trackwheel; a menu with a Hide Icon option will appear.

jameskirk
06-28-2006, 07:25 PM
my enterprise activation icon disappeared ... i didn't hide it ... is it suppose to disappear?

NJBlackBerry
06-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Are you on a BES? Did you do an Enterprise Activation?

Yes, the EA icon will disappear under certain circumstances.

And you can find it in the Options section (may be under Advanced Options)

kameonr
06-28-2006, 09:45 PM
You have that same blackberry activation when you plan on using the redirector not just if you have a BES on site. So you would still need to use that activation for that use when you load up the software correct?

I mention this because i use the redirector service and had that icon and it went away as soon as i set up my redirector service.....dont have BES on site at my job.

NJBlackBerry
06-28-2006, 09:51 PM
In many ways the BB responds the same to Desktop Redirector as to BES.
It gets the appropriate service books and gets rid of the EA icon.

14pups
06-29-2006, 05:11 AM
Enterprise Activation is used if you have an account on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) and are given a special password by the BES Admin in order to activate the BlackBerry wirelessly.

If you do not have BES, there is no reason for you to try and use this icon. You can hid it by pressing the ALT key and clicking the trackwheel; a menu with a Hide Icon option will appear.

Reminder: BEA only available on BES 4.0 and above.

crazyidiot
07-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I have a quick question, I'm using the 8700g and using the Zen Theme. I recently setup to recieve my work email through OWA...and for some reason the enterprise Activation Icon appeared on my home screen.

Anybody have any idea why this happen?

Thanks

mextel
07-12-2006, 02:03 PM
I have a quick question, I'm using the 8700g and using the Zen Theme. I recently setup to recieve my work email through OWA...and for some reason the enterprise Activation Icon appeared on my home screen.

Anybody have any idea why this happen?

Thanks

everytime you do any type of update 8 out of 10 times you will receive all the default icons again. If you are on a BES you can ask the admin to reset your BES password again in order for you to activate, if not just hide the icon, because you have no need for it.

Dirky
07-13-2006, 03:37 AM
Hmm, I have just got an 8700 on T-mobile, the setting was certainly there yesterday in Options. Now it has gone from there?
The only think I think I did was setup Pocketmac to sync with iCal on my Mac.

Any clues please?
thanks
Mike

SplitBusKev
07-13-2006, 05:44 AM
I had exactly the same thing and was told by someone at T Mobile to re-register the Host Routing Table in Advanced Options. They also sent a new service book and I had to delete all the settings out of my installed service book when they talked me through it, but after it came back the next day, I just re-registered the HRT and it never came back.

Don't know if it was the right thing to do, but it certainly worked.

My Enterprise Activation icon re-appeared at seemingly random times in the first week I had my BB.

Dirky
07-13-2006, 06:03 AM
I actually want the setting back so I can setup/test BES express?

melionthejob
07-24-2006, 01:09 PM
1st time issues for me.... recently set up an new bb(8700) user and user unable to see messages from a couple of months back.
1. How many months of email can you on device when you first setup? Whats the default, if any?
2. also, user unable to see emails within subfolders on device-how can i fix this?

the steps i've taken thus far:
-removed/added user from BES plenty of times
-wiped handheld
-manually checked the folders i want email to be redirected to
-synched

nothing...any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks!

gfisher99
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
1. The maximum is 7 days of pre-population

2. The BlackBerry doesnt work like Outlook. There are no "folders" for email. All email is dumped into the messages area on the device. If you want email redirected to the BlackBerry thats auto moved to folders in Outlook, you have to change your redirection folders.