PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry screen question...

Holz
06-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey guys... question for you. I recently purchased a 7130c a couple weeks ago and love it. I had kept the clear screen protector on until I received my ScreenPatronus protectors this weekend. As I was applying the new protector, there were absolutely no marks on the screen, but it totally looks like there are marks UNDER the screen!? And, they really only show up when you're looking at the BB outside directly in the sun. It's the weirdest thing and kinda hard to explain.... the marks fill the entire screen, and it kinda looks like someone took one of those soft eyeglass cleaners and wiped down the entire screen. It just causes a horrible glare at certain angles.

Does this make sense? I'm just wondering if this is normal because none of my other phones have ever had this.

Thanks!

greggebhardt
06-26-2006, 05:14 PM
More than likeley are small micro scratches. The 71xx screens are just soft plastic and just wiping them on your cotton shirt will casue these tiny surface scratches. They make a paste, I think called displex that will remove the tiny scratches. In the future use only a micro fiber cloth to wipe you screen.

This is one of the reasons I prefer the 75xx series Blackberry but still use these microfiber cloths

bclopez
06-26-2006, 05:23 PM
displex works great just make sure you don't use any "paper" of any sort to clean the screen... it should come with a cloth... only use that. when it gets dirty clean with a mild soap and dry

Holz
06-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the response. It's weird though because I kept the screen protector that came on it on the entire time before i took it off to apply the ScreenPatronus. As I was taking the original protector off, I noticed the weird markings/glare. I swear though... it looks like they're under the screen. Could scratches/wear and tear appear on the screen through the original protector?

I've only had the thing for 2 weeks, so I'm debating exchanging it for another and starting fresh with a ScreenPatronus.

bclopez
06-26-2006, 05:29 PM
where did you get the device from?

Holz
06-26-2006, 05:32 PM
a Cingular store in Westwood (Los Angeles, CA)... brand new in the box.

AND, I maybe have a better description of what the marks look like. After you wash a car a certain amounts of times, you know the circular "rings" that start showing up all over, and you can only really see them at certain angles in light? It's kind of like that but the marks are totally straight and cover the entire screen.