PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile IM Application woes

schargel
02-25-2005, 07:36 PM
I am using a 7100t under T-Mobile and recently upgraded to version 4.0 of the software. Prior to v4.0.198, my IM Application was working OK.

After upgrading, the IM Application stopped working, so I followed the directions that T-Mobile (and some of you) are giving to fix it. No luck. I've deleted the IM Service Book, deleted the IM Application, retstarted, resent the Internet Browsing Service Book, resent the Service Book, registered with the network - and tried various combination of these. :x

Now, the best that I can get is the IM Application icon appearing on my screen (after registering with the network), but the Application is not there, just the Service Book. Any attempt to open the IM Application, causes the BlackBerry to open the browser and go to (a plaintext version) of:
http://www.blackberry.com/ota/tmobile/InstantMessaging.jad

As usual, T-Mobile support was not helpful and after being almost led to Tier 3 Support, they rejected it as a "known issue since October 8, 2004 that affected all IM Application users and thay we will not start any new tickets for." Sheesh.

Any thoughts what to try next?

- David

neutral
02-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Just keep doing it (deleting from service book, and re-registering on the bb network)

It took me four times before it would work.

neutral
02-25-2005, 11:21 PM
I also pushed the applications from http://www.tmobile.com/bwc/ but I don't know if that really had any effect or not.

Skiwhack
02-26-2005, 12:32 AM
:? Tell me why I should upgraded to 4.0?

What benefit outweighs the problems that we are all experiencing?

Seriously, what does the upgrade do?

Ski

neutral
02-26-2005, 08:49 AM
:? Tell me why I should upgraded to 4.0?

What benefit outweighs the problems that we are all experiencing?

Seriously, what does the upgrade do?

Ski

It resovled an issue I was having with sending black SMS, but reinstalling 3.8 might of fixed that as well :)

NJBlackBerry
02-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Wireless contacts, notes and tasks.
Better attachment handling.
That's enough for me!

lgardner
02-26-2005, 01:22 PM
All wireless sync; great handing of jpg; pdg and powerpoint attachments. Only problem I am left with is a non-functional browser. Any thoughts?

schargel
02-26-2005, 01:47 PM
neutral,

Thanks, you solved my problem! The forced deleting from service book, and re-registering on the network worked on the fifth try.

- David

neutral
02-27-2005, 09:36 AM
neutral,

Thanks, you solved my problem! The forced deleting from service book, and re-registering on the network worked on the fifth try.

- David

I'm not sure why it doesn't work on the first, but I had to do it again with mine, and it took three times this time.

(I took the 7100t back for a new one due to cosmetic reasons ((it was supposed to be brand new :o ))

decepticon
02-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I too had all kinds of issues with the 4.0 install, I mentioned them in the OS 4.0 thread....anyways, to make a long story short, nothing I read in forums, or tech instructions helped me.

I demanded to speak to a teir 3 tech rep at my service provider, and within minutes, everything worked. He did all the service from his end, and I noticed I was receiving emails on my device as he was fixing probs.

Worth a shot to call your service techs.

vinniet
02-28-2005, 08:35 PM
What is this IM program that you are talking about? I have 7230 TMO but the only IM I have is thru the wap site.

Thanks!

neutral
02-28-2005, 08:44 PM
What is this IM program that you are talking about? I have 7230 TMO but the only IM I have is thru the wap site.

Thanks!

the 7100 comes with an imclient (uses sms (oz im))

afiak, it's only available for the 7100