PDA

View Full Version : Sorry in advance...

drjman
06-29-2006, 02:31 PM
...for the dumb question.

Having trouble installing the most basic thing--the desktop software. I guess I have some virus program and just before "finish" I get a couple boxes saying that a "malicious script detected" --it appears to be some program file ? Msiexec.exe .

Don't know how to delete either.

Maddening.

Interestingly, I downloaded pocketpc for my mac, installed and updated the BB in about 10 minutes.

I would use the Mac platform exclusively, but I think new programs and extras have to be installed via the windows route, right?

Thanks!

drunknmunkie
06-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Sounds like you need to disable you firewall/antivirus software first before installing

drjman
06-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I'll try that. Guess I'm not used to having to deal with that stuff--kinda thought there might be a virus or there was a system conflict or something.

Thanks

Stinsonddog
06-29-2006, 03:11 PM
If your windows installer is corrupt is a bigger deal. There are threads here on this.

jdjleo
06-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Sounds like you need to disable you firewall/antivirus software first before installing

Nice avatar, Drunknmunkie! Where have i seen that before?

K-Mack
06-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Dang! That sux! There seems to be a rash of Avatar highjackers lately.

jdjleo
06-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Dang! That sux! There seems to be a rash of Avatar highjackers lately.

I know!

I was scrolling down, and i saw my avatar and didnt even read the name!

Then i read "my post" lol and thought "wth..i dont remember writing that???...was i drunk???"

Then i saw it was a new member Drunknmunkie with MY avatar!

It was funny though when i thought i just sraight up forgot i posted that lol

K-Mack
06-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Yea, when I saw his Avatar I just assumed it was yours, which is why we use them because it gives readers a way to identify us, and when someone else uses it you feel sorta violated and ripped off.

gdob
06-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi Drjman,
Well, I finally have reached the point where I can offer some advice to another. During an attempt to install the 8700 (and I have a C) desktop software, I encountered the same situation as you did. Although I had disabled my Norton Antivirus Auto-Protect for about 15 minutes, the program still did not appreciate my attempt to install the desktop software. However, I was presented with the option to allow (on a one episode basis) the software to be installed. I did so and all went well.

Have a great day.

bobelliottjr
06-30-2006, 03:12 PM
I have had the same problem, you usually get the message 3 or 4 times during installation, below the error message is a drop down box, click on this box and select the option "allow once" for each error that pops up and you be fine.

chrising
07-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Just use your mac. Don't bother with these troubling windows problems.