PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry "File" option gone

VroonICT
07-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Goodday,

After synchronizing the blackberry with the BES and Lotus Notes mailbox, the File option is gone. (click on a mail, normally you can choose file to put the mail in a folder.)

I had a problem with the folders on the BB. The BB didnt take all folders of the mailbox. THats why i Synch with the software.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thx in advance

naviwilliams
07-05-2006, 10:25 AM
So while on the email screen, when you click the thumbwheel there is no option for 'file'?

Try rebooting the device...

VroonICT
07-06-2006, 01:40 AM
Yes indeed, ill try a reboot (reset?)

thx

VroonICT
07-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Yes indeed, ill try a reboot (reset?)

thx

Reboot didnt work (alt-caps-backspace):alt: :cap: :del:
Still no "File" function when clicking on a mail.

THx for any help

naviwilliams
07-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Unless it's an added feature selected during the application loader...

Martelile
07-06-2006, 08:02 AM
I don't think this is an added feature that you load on..
This function might be messing up cause you are using the desktop manager.

My thought would be to try wiping, reloading software and doing enterprise activation again.

d_fisher
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
After synchronizing the blackberry with the BES and Lotus Notes mailbox, the File option is gone. (click on a mail, normally you can choose file to put the mail in a folder.)Go to Messages > Options > Email Reconcilation. Do you have an option for Wireless Reconcile? If not, see below.

I don't think this is an added feature that you load on..
This function might be messing up cause you are using the desktop manager.Agreed

My thought would be to try wiping, reloading software and doing enterprise activation again.Before wiping, try this...

From the home screen go to Options > Service Book.
Highlight Desktop [CMIME], press the scroll wheel and select Delete.
Press the scroll wheel and select Undelete. The Desktop [CMIME] service book should reappear in the list.This will fool the BlackBerry into redoing the SlowSync portion of the activation process.

VroonICT
07-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Go to Messages > Options > Email Reconcilation. Do you have an option for Wireless Reconcile? If not, see below.

Agreed

Before wiping, try this...

From the home screen go to Options > Service Book.
Highlight Desktop [CMIME], press the scroll wheel and select Delete.
Press the scroll wheel and select Undelete. The Desktop [CMIME] service book should reappear in the list.This will fool the BlackBerry into redoing the SlowSync portion of the activation process.

Ok tried this --> no succes.

How do I wipe the blackberry?

naviwilliams
07-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Ok tried this --> no succes.

How do I wipe the blackberry?

Security options / General Settings / click thumbwheel, and choose wipe handheld...

VroonICT
07-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Security options / General Settings / click thumbwheel, and choose wipe handheld...

Yes I found that on a website too, but under security settings i cant see general settings]

i have a BlackBerry 7230

d_fisher
07-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Yes I found that on a website too, but under security settings i cant see general settings]

i have a BlackBerry 7230 Yours is a little different, the previous directions are for OS 4.1 only. For you, Options > Security > press scroll wheel and select Wipe Handheld from the pop-up menu.

VroonICT
07-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Yours is a little different, the previous directions are for OS 4.1 only. For you, Options > Security > press scroll wheel and select Wipe Handheld from the pop-up menu.

thx for the reply.

When i click the scroll butoon I only have these options:

Hide menu
-----
Change Option
Change Password
Verify security Software
-----
Save
-----
Close