PDA

View Full Version : Wipping 7500 series phones

autsoldnow
07-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi,

I notice when I update the 7500 series phones that it gives me the option to wipe it out completely, not backing any of the data up, and start from scratch, after the phone firmware has been upgraded I noticed that I can't wipe it out again until there is a firmware release via Desktop Manager, I am wondering if there is a work around for this or if there is something on the phoen itself I can do which will wipe it out completely; including emails, address book, etc.

Thanks
Andrew

d_fisher
07-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Use JavaLoader, or JL_Cmder, to completly format the handheld. See my signature for link.

TheWuternal
07-05-2006, 11:12 AM
You can also wipe the phone through the handheld. Go to Options, then Security Options, then General Settings, then click the trackwheel and select Wipe Handheld. You will be asked to type "Blackberry" to make sure you want to wipe everything. After that, the phone will be returned to its initial state when you purchased it. The only thing left on the phone after that is pictures you may have saved - everything else is gone. Hope this helps, peace.

autsoldnow
07-05-2006, 11:35 AM
You can also wipe the phone through the handheld. Go to Options, then Security Options, then General Settings, then click the trackwheel and select Wipe Handheld. You will be asked to type "Blackberry" to make sure you want to wipe everything. After that, the phone will be returned to its initial state when you purchased it. The only thing left on the phone after that is pictures you may have saved - everything else is gone. Hope this helps, peace.

Thanks but I have done this several times on 7510's and 7520 phones after the wipe takes place I still can go in to messages and see all the emails, I can see all the addresses under contact/address book, I can see all the notes, etc.

I would like to be able to wipe the phones before sending them back to RIM as replacements.

Andrew

MrKyoo
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
I would like to be able to wipe the phones before sending them back to RIM as replacements.

AndrewUse JavaLoader, or JL_Cmder, to completly format the handheld. See my signature for link.Did you try what was recommended?

-MrKyoo

autsoldnow
07-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Did you try what was recommended?

-MrKyoo

Not yet.. soon I will.

Andrew