PDA

View Full Version : Notification icon gone!

redvers
07-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Have searched on this but can't find an answer... my SMS/Email notification icon has vanished. Using the Insight-list profile, I no longer get the little icon with the number telling me how many new messages I have. I get the red light flashing and the tone on texts, but no icon. When i go in to messages i can see new ones.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

naviwilliams
07-06-2006, 07:19 AM
Have searched on this but can't find an answer... my SMS/Email notification icon has vanished. Using the Insight-list profile, I no longer get the little icon with the number telling me how many new messages I have. I get the red light flashing and the tone on texts, but no icon. When i go in to messages i can see new ones.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Did you change the wallpaper from the default one that comes with that theme? If yes, try changing is back to the default wallpaper for that theme...

redvers
07-06-2006, 07:23 AM
I did. And the fonts. And I reset the theme completely to no avail :(

naviwilliams
07-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Hmm, ok, if you go back to the original theme (if T-Mobile, then that theme) does it work ok then?

Also, what about the profile, was that modified? If yes, try changing to another just to see if it corrects the issue...

bb_fce
07-06-2006, 11:46 AM
------------------------

redvers
07-06-2006, 01:08 PM
I did a reset of the theme to the original. No difference. I had done one profile amendment (added a new exception) but undoing that has made no difference either. Next step I think is to restore from backup but i am worried that might erase all my recent messages (and bring back ones i deleted yonks ago!)