PDA

View Full Version : BB not receiving calls

deuce25
07-10-2006, 11:40 AM
I have a 7750 and about 90% of the times I don't receive my calls and it goes directly to my voicemail. Ocassionaly I do receive calls. I can make calls anywhere no problem. It's not an area/location thing as it happens no matter where I am in the city.

I recently upgraded the OS to 4.0.0.171 and my phone company tech support suggested going back to an earlier version of the OS. What do you think? I don't recall having this porblem prior to upgrading. Where would I get an earlier version of the OS? I don't see anything on the blackberry.com site.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jase88
07-10-2006, 11:56 AM
The 7750 has one of the slowest processors ever installed in a Blackberry.

That, and the fact that current technologies (with the exception of the WiFi 7270 and UMTS/HSPDA models) cannot handle voice and data simultaneously. Therefore, if you're using the browser and/or sending/receiving email frequently, this will increase the chances of calls going to VM.

Check Mark Rejhon's FAQ. You will find info on installing an OS from a different carrier--peruse the various CDMA carriers' Blackberry download pages (Verizon, Bell Mobility, Telus, Telstra, Sprint, etc) to see if they offer an older version.

Ultimately I would recommend upgrading to a 7250 or 7130e.

mister.zero
07-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Set fire to the 7750 and run away screaming. I spent more time pulling out my hair in frustration than using that device. Slow does not do justice to the speed, more like "dead in the water."

I highly recommend a 7250. The difference in performance will leave you breathless (y)

deuce25
07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
I don't use voice and data at the same time.

Where do I check out Mark Rejhon's FAQs?

Unfortunately, I can't afford something like the 7250.

MrKyoo
07-10-2006, 01:40 PM
I don't use voice and data at the same time.

Where do I check out Mark Rejhon's FAQs?

Unfortunately, I can't afford something like the 7250.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=3851

-MrKyoo

deuce25
07-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I changed to Os 3.7 but I still have the same problem. It doesn't make sense that I can place calls all the time but most of my received calls go directly to voicemail without a single ring. Is there a setting where I can set the numbers of times it rings before going to voicemail?

deuce25
07-13-2006, 06:54 AM
I changed to Os 3.7 but I still have the same problem. It doesn't make sense that I can place calls all the time but most of my received calls go directly to voicemail without a single ring. Is there a setting where I can set the numbers of times it rings before going to voicemail?

So no one has any other ideas or suggestions to my problem?