PDA

View Full Version : Editing default bookmarks

hadoob024
07-12-2006, 02:18 PM
I've read through the forums and it for at least older models, it seems that you cannot edit the default bookmarks. I'd like to be able to do this. Like, whenever I open the browser, it always opens to my bookmarks with the default "Accuweather" selected. How can I change the default view of this screen? Like I'd like to have another bookmark be the one that is selected by default. Any way to do this?

juwaack68
07-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Do you have an IT Policy on your device? That could be the issue.

hadoob024
07-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Nope. This is my personal use bb. I'm not running BES or anything. I just know that the bb browser is set to open to the "bookmarks page" by default. And I can only change this value to "home page" or "last page loaded". But I can't really edit the "bookmarks page". I mean, I can add bookmarks and folders, but I can't remove "T-Zones Links" or "Web Links" or even "T-Zones". And when I add bookmarks, I can only add them to the "T-Zones" folder or to the "BlackBerry Bookmarks" folder. Ideally, I'd like for my bookmarks page to be just the contents of my "BlackBerry Bookmarks" folder, but can't figure out how to do it.

d_fisher
07-12-2006, 04:11 PM
I dont think you can modify or remove the default bookmarks. I have tried and can't do it either.

hadoob024
07-12-2006, 04:17 PM
so i'm probably gonna have to use a workaround. create an html page that only contains a list of my bookmarks. upload it to my website. access this page on the blackberry, and then set it to my "start page". any other methods out there?

Miata GT
07-13-2006, 03:25 PM
That's exactly what I did.