PDA

View Full Version : Importing vCalendars emailed from Outlook

tlack
07-13-2006, 09:19 AM
(This must be an issue for a lot of people, but I'm not able to find anthing useful on Google. If this has been discussed before, forgive me. :))

My office uses Outlook without Exchange, and I often receive emailed meeting invitations that I'd like to import into my 8700's calendar. I use BIS through Cingular, no BES involved. The invitations can't even be opened on the phone. Does anyone know of a way to open and import them?

If not, if I could program something to do this, would anyone be interested?

whsbuss
07-13-2006, 09:52 AM
(This must be an issue for a lot of people, but I'm not able to find anthing useful on Google. If this has been discussed before, forgive me. :))

My office uses Outlook without Exchange, and I often receive emailed meeting invitations that I'd like to import into my 8700's calendar. I use BIS through Cingular, no BES involved. The invitations can't even be opened on the phone. Does anyone know of a way to open and import them?

Outlook sends invites using VCALENDAR and its not supported in the RIM OS. I wish it was!!

gbp
08-12-2006, 12:59 AM

I'm on T-Mobile, but I would be extremely interested