PDA

View Full Version : any BB 8700c from Cingular on T-Mobile

joaquin654
07-15-2006, 09:47 AM
ok , so if any of you have read any of my threads or posts you'll notice i haven't been happy with Cingular at all since i got them 4 months ago ! i like there signal but as far as : customer service , billing , and general issues concerning my account or service ..... well i can describe it in one word :
FREAKING HORRIBLE . sorry for yelling , i do apologize . therefore i finally made the move to T-Mobile and even got my BB 8700c from Cingular unlocked so that i might use it wih T-Mobile . here's my concern : has anyone successfully used a 8700c ( cingular ) on T-Mobile without any problems ? if there are problems , what and how did you fix em ? i think with it being unlocked it should work but i would like some user opinions . i also purchased a 7290 from T-Mobile .... i love this phone's keyboard layout with nice spacing for my fat fingers ... i use the browsing very little so speed isn't an issue for me . anyway , thankx for your help everyone .

:bb: Fo' Life .....

joaquin654
07-15-2006, 08:17 PM
hmmmm no reponses at all ? wow , i might be the first to have a BB 8700c from Cingular on T-mobile ?! coool .... lol . if there any any people who have done this don't hesitate to write .... thankx . after all , in about a week i'll be testing this setup out and giving it a good try . hopefully it will work without a hitch even though i expect some obvious hitches .... crossing my fingers .

byron
07-15-2006, 08:28 PM
why wouldn't you be able to? if its unlocked you could use whatever provider you want. i've seen at least a dozen posts on here about people using 8700c handhelds on t-mobile...

joaquin654
07-15-2006, 09:37 PM
why wouldn't you be able to? if its unlocked you could use whatever provider you want. i've seen at least a dozen posts on here about people using 8700c handhelds on t-mobile...

well byron , here's the issue : using the phone and maybe texting sure . but the web and apps go through things like TCP , incoming / outgoing server things , and other CARRIER SPECIFIC things that you would have to change when switching from one carrier to another . i myself have purchased unlocked phones and they have yet to work with cingular besides calls and texting .... no web , no emails . thats why i'm asking . :-o a dozen posts ? care to add a link to all these perhaps .... i would love to read em . thankx

NJBlackBerry
07-15-2006, 09:39 PM
There are several threads about people who have done this. I did it three days after getting an 8700c - it took three days to get it unlocked ;-)

If you are using BIS (an assumption on my part), you must get Cingular or RIM to release your PIN/IMEI from the Cingular BIS so you can add it to the T-Mobile BIS. Then simply change the APN to wap.voicestream.com and you are on your way.

Of course you need a T-Mobile SIM card with the BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on the account.

joaquin654
07-15-2006, 09:42 PM
There are several threads about people who have done this. I did it three days after getting an 8700c - it took three days to get it unlocked ;-)

If you are using BIS (an assumption on my part), you must get Cingular or RIM to release your PIN/IMEI from the Cingular BIS so you can add it to the T-Mobile BIS. Then simply change the APN to wap.voicestream.com and you are on your way.

Of course you need a T-Mobile SIM card with the BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on the account.

thank you for the info . but how should i go about asking for a release of my pin/IMEI ? i already initiated the porting to T-Mobile .... should i call Cingular B4 i officially go to T-Mobile or after .... are they understanding about this or will i encounter grief ?

NJBlackBerry
07-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Call Cingular.
Then call RIM.

joaquin654
07-15-2006, 09:51 PM
oops ... made a mistake posting ... please remove this post ....

joaquin654
07-15-2006, 09:52 PM
call rim ? i can call cingular but calling RIM is like calling the moon . nobody knows the number . the 800-304-3044 is to cingular and they keep me on hold for at least an hour . no complaints though i guess i just gotta wait and ask kindly to give me my PIN release ! like an con asking for parole ... :-o

NJBlackBerry
07-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Nobody knows the number for RIM?
Really. I haven't called them in a long time, but it always was 1 877 BLK BERR

joaquin654
07-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Nobody knows the number for RIM?
Really. I haven't called them in a long time, but it always was 1 877 BLK BERR

thankx a million NJ . i really didn't know the number ....lololol .(y)

joaquin654
07-15-2006, 10:03 PM
hey NJ , plz don't internet slap me but i tried searching for the answer to this but i can't word it right to make the search work .... you said to call 800-BLK-BERR ..... how in the world do u call a number with letters when my BB 8700c doesn't show what letters are what numbers ? u know what i mean ... like on a cell phone calling 800-you-said is easy because 800 .... then you are numbers 8, or 7 , or whatever your phone keys say but on my BB i can't tell which numbers go with which letter ? help me out this time and i promise i'll search more .... lol .

NJBlackBerry
07-15-2006, 10:20 PM
1 877 BLK BERR

Come one. You are telling me you searched on how to enter an alpha on the phone and didn't find it? It's even in the online help. It's in the tips and tricks. Really.

Press the ALT key and press the letter. It will dial the corresponding number.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=35999
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1598
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=23023