PDA

View Full Version : Will switch to Cingular $29 BIS plan cripple apps?

mikegold
07-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Right now I am on the Cingular unlimited BB plan for $44/month, I also use myblackberry for BES.

If I were to switch to the lower priced Cingular BIS only plan how would this effect some of my apps such as verichat, Berry411, BBWeather, Blackberry Messenger?

Dylan Trott
07-15-2006, 12:51 PM
I do not know how it will effect Apps. I'm sorry but i highly reccomend the BIS plan, Its great!

kb9liq
07-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Does the plan let you use BB messager?

diegosalinas
07-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Yes, it does. I am on that plan and I can use BB Mgr along with all other apps I have downloaded i.e. Berry 411, Ramble, Google Maps

I love 2.0 but there are other threads about why people don't like BIS 2.0. So, I suggest you search for those to get the other perspective.

DallasFlier
07-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Right now I am on the Cingular unlimited BB plan for $44/month, I also use myblackberry for BES.

If I were to switch to the lower priced Cingular BIS only plan how would this effect some of my apps such as verichat, Berry411, BBWeather, Blackberry Messenger?
All the apps you mention will work just fine, I'm using them all with the lower price plan. BUT, you will lose all access to your BES if you go to the lower price plan, its BIS only - BES requires the more expensive plan.

(Also, you can - for now at least - switch to the lower price plan without upgrading from BIS 1.8 to BIS 2.0, so the concern mentioned in this thread about that isn't relevant.)

Dylan Trott
07-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey does anyone know where i can download BB MSGR onto my computer. I've searched and searched but CANT find it anywhere. Thanks

P.S. Sorry I hi-jacked your thread bro.

AndrewPike
07-15-2006, 03:24 PM
www "dot" blackberry "dot" com "forward slash" messenger

NJBlackBerry
07-15-2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.blackberry.com/messenger/entry.do

***** Attention Cingular Wireless Customers: Cingular Wireless does not support BlackBerry Messenger at this time. *****

Google is your friend. Searching is REALLY EASY....

DallasFlier
07-15-2006, 04:36 PM

***** Attention Cingular Wireless Customers: Cingular Wireless does not support BlackBerry Messenger at this time. *****

Yes, I've seen that message regarding Cingular not supporting BB Messenger. But, how can that be - I thought BB Messenger was based on, and an enhancement of, PIN messaging amongst multiple BlackBerry devices - so since PIN messaging works fine on Cingular, what prevents BB Messenger from working?

mikegold
07-15-2006, 04:39 PM

I have Cingular and BB Messenger works fine.....or could that be because of my BES service with myblackberry?

Dylan Trott
07-15-2006, 04:48 PM
It's 'probly 'cus you have BES, I have BIS. I don't know, maybe I will try it after I'm done whatching this movie.