PDA

View Full Version : major noobage

iantheeditor
07-15-2006, 11:39 PM
hey whats up everyone only had the bb for 2 days but figured out a decent amount so far...few things i dont get thou..
once in a while ill get a steady like red led blink and then it turns to a green one,yet i have service the entire time??!!?

ive been tring to set up the email settings for some time and its asking me for user ID and Pin # i have no clue what this info is anyway to look onto my phone to find it?

thanks guys

d_fisher
07-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Flashing red light indicates a new message/phone call/voice mail/etc.

iantheeditor
07-16-2006, 01:01 AM
ahh gotcha its just hard when theres no messages or anything to tell me. and i like the avatar btw very neat

rcbjr
07-16-2006, 07:11 AM
hey whats up everyone only had the bb for 2 days but figured out a decent amount so far...few things i dont get thou..
once in a while ill get a steady like red led blink and then it turns to a green one,yet i have service the entire time??!!?

ive been tring to set up the email settings for some time and its asking me for user ID and Pin # i have no clue what this info is anyway to look onto my phone to find it?

thanks guys
----
As to the email. You have to create your own user ID the first time you enter the BIS account creation site and you will find you PIN # by going to Options/Status. Or typing ALT+CAP+H.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

iantheeditor
07-16-2006, 11:52 AM
awesome thanks alot...this site rules BTW

once i get this email setup will i be able to have any email sent my phone?? not just blackberry email???

now its asking me for me user id and i dont have a clue on what it is or what any ideas???

rcbjr
07-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Where is it that it is asking your User id? Need some more info to help.

Rcbjr

webcash
07-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Have you tried calling your cell company tech support.I know they are not always helpful but many times they will give you the info you need in seconds.. worth a try

Peter

iantheeditor
07-16-2006, 06:22 PM
well when i click on email settings it asks for
User ID
password

i dont recall neither lol

rcbjr
07-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Please give a complet path of what you did to get to this. Is this using the Individual Email Activation from your BB? Had you ever gone to this page before? You initially need to give your BB account a username, that will become part of your BB email address, in the form of username@<hidden>. This username can be anything you want, as long as it doesn't already exist on the Provider or Blackberry networks.

hope this helps
rcbjr

iantheeditor
07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
thanks everyone i kept putting my full email adress instead of the name durrrrr what a noob movie sorry..thanks all

iantheeditor
07-19-2006, 10:16 PM
one more noob question...sorry...my phone vibrated out of the holster and the red light is on but no messages or phone calls or alerts?? is it cause i lost service and it came back again'???????????

also theres a down facing arrow with a number 2 right next to it and i have nooooo clue what its for can somebody please explain? thanks everyone