PDA

View Full Version : 7100t Unlocked with Cingular

Teejay3726
03-01-2005, 02:01 AM
I am wondering, if I unlock my 7100t- can I use it with all it's features on Cingular?

TJ

MooseNYC
03-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Check out some other threads on here that talk about this. One that comes to mind is IMEI / PIN Unlock (http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4232&highlight=)

you can also use the 'Search function' to look for particular words like "PIN" or "Unlock" etc...
There is a lot of discussion about this on here

Regards,
Dave

Mark Rejhon
03-01-2005, 04:42 AM
There are three unlocks you need to do:

SIM unlock
This is easiest.

IMEI unlock
You need to be a customer in good standing with T-Mobile. Call T-Mobile and request to get your 7100t unlocked. They do that all the time, for people travelling, and such.

PIN unlock
This is where the 'gotcha' sometimes happens, especially when switching carriers. Unlocking this is usually done by deleting your old BWC email account, deactivating your BlackBerry, and asking your carrier to get your PIN removed from the BlackBerry system, so that someone else can register it again on BWC.

craigme
01-05-2007, 06:53 PM
So I have my 7105t which has been unlocked... I put in a Cingular pre-paid SIM to use this just as a phone (not going to use BB Data)... It boots up and can't find a network, then sometimes it finds Cingular and looks ok, but then it always seems to start rebooting itself over and over and over...
Has anyone ever run into this? Anything I can about it ?