PDA

View Full Version : verizon wireless data plan?

micohoe
07-18-2006, 12:24 AM
has anyone else heard rumors that verizon is going to drop their unlimited data coverage fee? this 44.99 a month is slowly wearing away my wallet, and i hear that sprint is 20/month, as is tmobile and cingular..

d_fisher
07-18-2006, 12:42 AM
I haven't heard that, but it makes business sense. If all their major player are offering BIS only at a cheaper prices than Sprint then they will have to match it to stay competitive.

nyc2socal
07-18-2006, 12:11 PM
One thing that Verizon banks on is their network. Verizon usually does not cave to peer pressure.. They have not changed their night time hour (still 9pm where everyone else is 7), and they don't have roll over minutes. With all these "minuses" they still charged the highest... Why? Because they know they can. IMHO they do have the best network for where I am and where I travel to (sans international). I really doubt they will drop the fee.. Afterall, there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of customers that pay for it.

Institute
07-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Verizon will never drop because EVDO is faster then edge right now

MDOT
07-18-2006, 03:30 PM
One thing that Verizon banks on is their network. Verizon usually does not cave to peer pressure.. They have not changed their night time hour (still 9pm where everyone else is 7), and they don't have roll over minutes. With all these "minuses" they still charged the highest... Why? Because they know they can. IMHO they do have the best network for where I am and where I travel to (sans international). I really doubt they will drop the fee.. Afterall, there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of customers that pay for it.

you slapped all of the info right out fingertips!(y)

Malarky22
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Another thing that is ridiculous is that the "unlimited" data plan does not include text messages. I found this out after having yahoo send alerts, and it is through text messages. 10 cents a message can add up.