PDA

View Full Version : Wap without service pack???

askme
07-18-2006, 08:44 PM
was wondering if it was possible to get wap connection without signing up to the service pack. Have normal cell phone acc and pinstack set up also have set up APN settings from vodafone new zealand but keep getting the error No current service book entries or browser config contact service provider...is there a work around?
cheers!

finch
07-18-2006, 08:46 PM
No, end of story you need a BlackBerry Data Plan period.

NJBlackBerry
07-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Even with a pinstack setup?

Lex Luthor
07-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Someome told me once that you can use a Nextel BlackBerry for wap only without a BlackBerry plan but as far as I understand it if you want data connectivity for emails, pins and web browsing you need a BlackBerry data plan from your service provider.

mymitsu3kgt
07-19-2006, 01:01 AM
It's incredible how many of these threads there are. There needs to be a bold title on the home page "NO DATA PLAN = NO INTERNET/EMAIL"

Lex Luthor
07-19-2006, 01:43 AM
It's incredible how many of these threads there are. There needs to be a bold title on the home page "NO DATA PLAN = NO INTERNET/EMAIL"

LOL

canefanjon
07-19-2006, 02:08 AM
heres what i love about some peeps that think they are the forum godz around here...ok no you cant use wap with out a browser however you can download opera to use on a bb with out the bb service what you can do is go get a 14.95 sim card from boost ...sign up with their data unlimited thing and there you go...plus you can use it to get your emails via google gmail mobile or msn mobile if you want all you got to do is book mark it with opera...and heres one even better heres the opera mobile app you might want to use ....

Lex Luthor
07-19-2006, 02:47 AM
heres what i love about some peeps that think they are the forum godz around here...ok no you cant use wap with out a browser however you can download opera to use on a bb with out the bb service what you can do is go get a 14.95 sim card from boost ...sign up with their data unlimited thing and there you go...plus you can use it to get your emails via google gmail mobile or msn mobile if you want all you got to do is book mark it with opera...and heres one even better heres the opera mobile app you might want to use ....

That's only with Boost though right? In the US on T Mobile or Cingular you need a BlackBerry data plan and in Canada on Rogers Wireless you also need a BlackBerry data plan.

HuwSy
07-19-2006, 03:47 AM
Everywhere over here, uk, needs a bb data plan for any form of data including opera mini. Something odd with boost im thinking.