PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP: 7100g wont boot up

93formula
07-18-2006, 09:30 PM
just bought a 7100g off of ebay, work fine for a few days and one morning all that was on the screen was the hourglass going round. left it on for a few hours and it wont boot up, did the battery reset, still just the hourglass. again the phone worked fine for a few days, its in great cosmetic shape, took it to a local repair shop and they say its not a hardware issue, but software. they also told me that it wouldnt let them upgrade any of the software.

so is this something that has happend to anyone before? can i send this in to get fixed?

any help would be appreciated!

the phone was also an unlocked t mobile .

naviwilliams
07-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Take the battery out, connect it back, and then connect it to your pc. Run the application loader, and wipe/reload it...

Should be fine after that.

ps: did you change theme before this all started? I had this issue once, and it was a theme issue. Doing the above resolved it...(y)

93formula
07-18-2006, 10:49 PM
thanks for the reply, yes the theme was changed prior. but when i connect it to my pc, on the connection settings, i click the connection to usb and then click detect, it says handheld not found.

also on the phone the hourglass keeps spinning and the most ive been able to get on the screen is the t mobile sign.

93formula
07-19-2006, 10:23 PM
anyone?

does anyone know the contact info for rim, or someone on here want to fix my BB ill pay...