PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 BES Upgrade

Steve Allen
07-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Hey Guys -
I am the project team leader for my company to upgrade our blackberrys (North America) from the 1.0 to 4.0 BES. We use Lotus Notes 6...
All sorts of issues when we have to re-activate associates with upgraded / swapped out handhelds. I have experienced every issues know to mankind. From not activating to stalling on the data transfer...Any tips. I've discoverd that out Associates ACL's are all screwed up on the Notes d\b. We're fixing them on the fly .... HELP! Going on vacation next week and don't want to be contacted while on the beach!

chedardog
07-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Hey Guys -
All sorts of issues when we have to re-activate associates with upgraded / swapped out handhelds. I have experienced every issues know to mankind. From not activating to stalling on the data transfer...Any tips. I've discoverd that out Associates ACL's are all screwed up on the Notes d\b. We're fixing them on the fly .... HELP! Going on vacation next week and don't want to be contacted while on the beach!

How wide of a deploy do you have? If your mail server implementation is small you can use the Domino Administrator client to add/correct your BES server to the ACL for the blackberry users, in batches, which would be faster than fixing on the fly. How large are your user's mail files?

We are still on BES 2.2x and have been testing out BES 4, so I know a little about what you may be going thru. We don't plan on using wireless activation, or removing the Desktop Manager App from PCs, due to some of the items you mentioned.

Steve Allen
07-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Its a National thing. Now I found out that our Eurpoean Companies are upgrading at the same time.

It seems the units have a hard time connecting to out server as well as once its connected, then data takes forever to come down to the handheld. We do have some mailfiles that are over 2 gig but I didn't think that would matter.
The other thing is I do not have access to our BES or Notes. Thats taken care of in Brazil of all places (our help desk).So my hands are tied.....